RESERVES : 2011/12 season/stats

BOF

how far do you think graham is from challenging for a 1st team spot, andy?

With this manager I would say he is a distance away, in reality he should have an opportunity before the season is out. Difficult position for a young player to come in, particularly a fancy player like Graham. Absolutely no rush though and I'd rather see him come into a winning side than a struggling one.

A long overdue update. Everything is correct up to today, including today's rescheduling of the November Wolves away fixture to be 11th October now @ Molineux.

Good win tonight. Great to see Grealish play well how did he get no peno in second half?.
A referee from Mars, that's how. Even the Chelski mouthpiece commentators on Chelsea TV were laughing in disbelief and saying it should have been a red card for their keeper and a pen.

• 2 weeks later...

I went last night - sorry no match report - but I thought Robinson looked okay, he's very lightweight and gets pushed off the ball easily, he's not the most explosive but he worked hard and got his goals - he looks like a very young player doing his best.

Cameron got 20 minutes of bollocking from McAndrew in the first half and then delivered a peach of a cross for the goal.

Albrighton worked hard and eventually found a ball just as good for the second goal.

I thought the pick of our lot were the two Aussies, with Lowry having a very good game.

Liked the look of Donacien who I've not seen before and Grealish looked lively without ever quite getting into the thick of things.

Joshua Webb looks very young indeed - how old is he?

Joshua Webb seems to be very highly rated. He is 16 yrs old and has been put into the next gen U19s and the reserves ahead of Seb Jenkins who is an U18 this year.

He was on "Duty" with the 1st Team against Wigan as well.

He has actually played more games for the reserves than for the U18s.

Robinson, another 16 yr old, is doing very well indeed and has been training with the first team.

How's Graham Burke doing? I saw him at Walsall and thought he looked like a potential first teamer, certainly a lot of presence and confidence on the ball.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight's line up for the Albion game is as strong as we've been for a while:

------------------------Guzan------------------------

Webb---------Clark----------Lowry-----------Baker

Albrighton----Johnson-----Gardner--------Grealish

-----------------------Bannan-------------------------

------------------------Burke---------------------------

Subs: Williams, Barrett, Carruthers, Cameron, Taylor.

Lacking a bit for a striker but full of goals - good to see Grealish get what I think is his first start.

ALBION: Lewis, Hurst, Gayle, Thorne, D Daniels, O'Neil, Roofe, Mantom, Bednar, Fortune, Sawyers.

Subs: Rose (gk), Edge, O'Sullivan, Garmston, A Jones

Gardner starting so soon after playing for the U21s? Grealish starting after only getting cameo appearances for the Next Gen team?

Can someone point me in the right direction, im a little confused? Surely Burke / Graham would be ahead of Grealish?

Just come back from the game. We fielded a very strong team tonight but for an hour it just didn't gell as much as we would want. Bannan, who at this level is pretty unplayable, did not get the amount of possesion he usually gets. Gardner and DJ, though more than holding their own in midfield, didn't really dominate and Gary was quite wastefull at times.

After an hour K Mac took Gardner off and brought on Carruthers. He dropped Bannan back into a deeper midfield role and pushed Samir forward to play behind Burke.

For the next fifteen minutes we turned into Brazil with Bannan and DJ combining superbly. Albrighton put us ahead with a great finish from a Bannan cross and then 3 minutes later a touch of Genius from BB made it 2-0. Graham Burke made the game safe at 3-0 shortly after and we cruised to a comfortable win.

I think that this result puts us 4 points behind top of the table West Brom with a game in hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nobody seems to have noted that the Reserves went down 2-0 at Chelski on Monday night (5th Dec). Report on the OS

Team: Siegrist; Webb, Donacien, Williams, Kinsella; Graham (Grealish 71), Johnson, Carruthers, Cameron; Burke (Caira 74), Robinson (Taylor 68 ).

Substitutes not used: Barrett, Nelson-Addy.