RESERVES : 2011/12 season/stats

BOF

Gardner has been poor!

Not surprised by that. Bar 5 mins against Newc, hes looked pants. And your post suggests that its nothing to do with playing on the left as many say it is.

Have to agree, I'd be lying if I said I'd seen him play a lot but whenever I have seen him I've been a bit underwhelmed. Probably because he has been portrayed as some sort of wonderkid. (which he may well be)

I thought Bannan was great in the middle tonight although faded a little towards the end. Carrithers was great in the second half and the centre backs were good. Gardner was really poor. Webb and Drennan don't look too special!.

Overall unlucky tonight.

I thought Bannan was great in the middle tonight although faded a little towards the end. Carrithers was great in the second half and the centre backs were good. Gardner was really poor. Webb and Drennan don't look too special!.

Overall unlucky tonight.

Webb is only 16 IIRC. Far younger than rest of lads.

Can anyone tell me why our last 3 finals have been away from home?
The venue alternates between North and South champions each season so we must be winning it on alternating years and having to travel away.

Don't know why a few people are having a go at Gardner.

For me he played well last night. Did a huge amount of tracking throughout the game and was involved in almost every chance we had.

Great pass for Carruthers chance.

In right place for biggest chance of game (though granted it was a shocking miss)

Nearly won it with a header in last minute from a corner.

As someone said its partly because of the super hype up he got that he was never going to fulfil it. People were expecting a Rooney and he is really not that type of player.

He is a physically powerful, good all rounder with a rocket of a shot. Which means he is a solid midfielder who will pick up some goals throughout a season. Those types of players are pretty rare and very valuable.

Have every hope that he will become a big player for us.

Right at this minute though I have to say I think Carruthers is the closest to making an impact at first team level. He really is maturing very nicely.

Looks to me to be the closest thing we have to a Silva/Mata type player, able to beat a man and also find a good pass. Also looks physically capable to mix it with the big boys and most importantly seems to have the confidence in himself to do it.

Be interesting to see how he develops next year.

Bannan is frustrating the hell out of me right now - played well in patches last night but he really needs to put a higher price on possession. Gives it away far too much playing the hollywood passes when he really should be a Xavi type player who dictates games and never, ever, ever gives it away.

Longer term I am very excited by Jordan Graham as talented a prospect as I've seen.

Bannan i'm afraid is 23 and is going to end up as a championship player at best and as for Gardner i have not seen anything from him yet to think he is the next Petrov never mind Gerrard...

I think Daniel Johnson's decision making and general technique. Be interesting to see whether he can cope with the physicality of the Prem.

Hope he does get a chance at some stage though we have a ton of promising CM's.