Gym Routine

olboydave

2 hours ago, JB said:

I'm pretty sure that will taste like shit :). Just a marketing gimmick IMO. 

Just had a look at the nutritional values of my standard whey that I got from MyProtein and a 30g serving contains only 20 calories from fat and less than 8 calories from carbs. 

That's why I put my protein powder in my morning NutriBullet smoothies :D

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

That's why I put my protein powder in my morning NutriBullet smoothies :D

Myproteins whey is pretty awful in general. Reason why you can get 5kg for under £60

This is an intra formula with fast acting carbs http://www.geneticsupplements.co.uk/EliteEvolution/WORKOUTFOOD2

A friend of mine has started doing insulin as part of his "stack" his missus has to wake up at 2am to make sure he's not gone into a coma. Absolutely mental.

Edited by mightysasquatch

12 minutes ago, mightysasquatch said:

Myproteins whey is pretty awful in general. Reason why you can get 5kg for under £60

Awful how?

Labdoor rank MyProtein.com's concentrate and isolate 3rd and 1st respectively out of 74 brands tested (in terms of quality)

Source

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Labdoor rank MyProtein.com's concentrate and isolate 3rd and 1st respectively out of 74 brands tested (in terms of quality)

Source

Don't really care for articles inside the fitness industry like that. They can twist it however they want to fit their agenda.

5 minutes ago, mightysasquatch said:

Yes & read it all.

As I said, 5kg for less then 60. Can't be that good. Telling me this is better sourced than from grass fed cattle? Course it's not, much better companies not on that list.

You read quick.

But it's not an article, neither is it particularly from within the fitness industry, and neither does it appear to have an agenda hence my confusion as to your assessment of the source.

Anyway, what would you recommend then? And why would you say it's better quality than some of the protein on that list?

(genuine questions)

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You read quick.

But it's not an article, neither is it particularly from within the fitness industry, and neither does it appear to have an agenda hence my confusion as to your assessment of the source.

Anyway, what would you recommend then? And why would you say it's better quality than some of the protein on that list?

(genuine questions)

Majority of mass produced whey will come from cattle fed on grain. When they're fed grain it completely changes the amigo profile, that's just fact. It's not there natural food source.

I source proteins from grass fed cattle, its pricy but of a better quality. Don't take my post as me being a dick, I work with (to a degree) with some companies & see just the amount of budget whey that gets processed. I'll say myprotein then maybe the best of a bad bunch. 

I genuinely believe this is about as good as your will get right now 

http://www.geneticsupplements.co.uk/EliteEvolution/OPTIMAADVANCED

This is an intra formula with fast acting carbs http://www.geneticsupplements.co.uk/EliteEvolution/WORKOUTFOOD2

A friend of mine has started doing insulin as part of his "stack" his missus has to wake up at 2am to make sure he's not gone into a coma. Absolutely mental.

Couple lads i train with are on insulin pre and post wo, have to carry lucozade tablets with them at all times lol. Massive words removed though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mightysasquatch said:

Majority of mass produced whey will come from cattle fed on grain. When they're fed grain it completely changes the amigo profile, that's just fact. It's not there natural food source.

I source proteins from grass fed cattle, its pricy but of a better quality. Don't take my post as me being a dick, I work with (to a degree) with some companies & see just the amount of budget whey that gets processed. I'll say myprotein then maybe the best of a bad bunch. 

I genuinely believe this is about as good as your will get right now 

http://www.geneticsupplements.co.uk/EliteEvolution/OPTIMAADVANCED

£64.99 for 2 and a bit kilos.

Will you really get noticeably better results to justify that sort of a price difference? Almost £20 more per kilo?

Maybe if you're an elite lifter/bodybuilder. For most of the population, and I'd guess most of us in this thread, I'm guessing that'd be money down the drain.

Regardless, my original point was that myprotein's whey wasn't "awful". Pretty much any source out there will tell you it isn't.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

£64.99 for 2 and a bit kilos.

Will you really get noticeably better results to justify that sort of a price difference? Almost £20 more per kilo?

Maybe if you're an elite lifter/bodybuilder. For most of the population, and I'd guess most of us in this thread, I'm guessing that'd be money down the drain.

Regardless, my original point was that myprotein's whey wasn't "awful". Pretty much any source out there will tell you it isn't.

Yup as I said, it's pricy. Your average gym bro will more than likely stick to what suits their budget & righty so...so don't get me wrong. MP stuff gives me a bad stomach as well, so I stick with the above or their biowhey which is cheaper. 

But I go the same route with meat. I probably eat less than most per day but I only buy local so I try to go quality over quantity. I think it's better eating 150g a day from organic sources than 250g a day on supermarket cuts (unless it's sourced well) 

Maybe awful was the wrong word. Like you said it suits those at certain levels of training. I noticed a difference switching to their range though.

I'm afraid you're wrong on this one mightysasquatch.

The supposed benefits of grass-fed cattle, whether it be for beef or milk, are pretty much a myth. It's generally propagated by people who stand to make a shit load of money from charging people nearly 3x as much for a steak. It's approaching Bulletproof Coffee levels of sheer bullshittery. And paleo. Lol. Save your cash instead. 

I have no bias towards MyProtein but as Stevo pointed out, it's very highly rated by Labdoor (who are completely independent). The relative low cost of their products isn't correlated to product quality - rather it is more indicative of how other supplement companies are overcharging. It's also endorsed by one particular industry figure (Martin McDonald) who I know for a fact would not risk his reputation and livelihood by lying. He has turned down a lot of more lucrative endorsement for products he does not rate.

To top it off, any cynicism I had disappeared when my mate (who has a masters in sports nutrition and supplementation) went to work for MyProtein in product development. He's since been head-hunted by Bulk Powders and he is adamant that both companies' formulas of absolutely top notch. He's not on commission so has nothing to gain by telling me this. 

Weren't gonutrition and myprotein set up by the same guy?

Sold myprotein and set up gonutrition i think. After he left they turned to shit imo..they got caught out misleading customers on their labels and some of their proteins were packed with soy and pea protein as main sources without the specified amounts

Â