Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

Have people seen the trailers for this bad boy of a game? I was surprised i couldnt find a recent thread about either game? I see people on other threads doubting it will sell even a quater of modern warfares totals. I think this time round they might be surpised.

I buy most my FPS's for my gaming pc except for the call of dutys for varied reasons. So i barely played bc2 as i was enjoying black ops so much.

Started it recently and i cant believe what i have been missing out on. It is fricking superb! The huge maps and vehicles are such a nice change of pace from COD. And for the price of a COD map pack you get an expansion pack which is basically another full game and a bloody great one at that! Battles feel that much more epic.

Some of the best bf2 games ive had i havent got a single kill. Instead i have been driving jeeps on crazy flanking suicide races dodging enemy helicopter and tanks that would take out our whole 4 man suad with a single shot. Or following our Abrams tanks to the front line, manning the 50 cal and hiding behind it doing repairs as the engineer class keeping the tank arrive. Or running round as a medic with my de-fibulators bringinhg team mates back to life.

Ort laser targetting enemy tanks, while trying to hide within a house slowly being blown apart around me.

I think anyone who has played both with agree although both excellent games, bf2 shades it.

I think the gap will be even wider this time round. The new frost bite engine looks seansational. Whereas COD will be running on the same engine as the last how many games, and will not doubt be pretty much the same game barring a twist or two.

I'll likely get both, but was wondering how many here are going for bf 3 instead?

It will sell well thats a given but it wont sell anywhere near what modern warfare will. Its a shame as its shaping up to be 10x the game cod is (its not that hard) but thats the way of things at the moment.

I was thinking of getting BF3 as I'm a BF fan, but I just don't enjoy shooters set in the present. I want them to bring back BF Vietnam, with a good, honest M14 rifle.

bad company 2 has a vietnam expansion pack

I enjoyed BFBC2 alot, played it loads but havent touched it in recent months. Used to play medic and was always near the top of the leader board, but seemed to be rubbish at everything else. Maybe the teasing about nubes playing medic was true...:cry:

I was thinking of getting BF3 as I'm a BF fan, but I just don't enjoy shooters set in the present. I want them to bring back BF Vietnam, with a good, honest M14 rifle.

bad company 2 has a vietnam expansion pack

Yeah, it looks great, I'm just waiting to pick up BF2 cheap as I only really want the expansion.

Just bought BC2, haven't played a Battlefield game in years and have been pretty much sticking to COD (I have no prefence over the whole IW vs. Treyarch thing, I enjoyed the MW's as much as BLOPs).

What can I expect?

Just bought BC2, haven't played a Battlefield game in years and have been pretty much sticking to COD (I have no prefence over the whole IW vs. Treyarch thing, I enjoyed the MW's as much as BLOPs).

What can I expect?

Fun ! Try mastering heli-flight, taking people on suicide missions, and you will be everyones best friend.

I can't compare COD to BFBC2 though, I only play the latter.

• 4 weeks later...

I love BFBC2. For me it is the greatest shooter I have ever played.

The maps are just so much more playable than MW.

I am pissing myslef in anticipation of 3

Me also.

I mastered Assasult class first, then got my recon (I never camp though!) and now i've started doing engineer class, which has been fun :)

I ocasionally do medic, but only if my team are struggling and I feel the defibs will help. I dont really like the guns though.

If anyone wants a game on ps3 my id is lapafan.

Looks very good.

Hopefully they make it more enjoyable for people playing on their own. BF2, unless you were with a team, was a nightmare to play. Hopefully it's not as slow paced either. They're the 2 things keeping it way behind COD.

Looks very good.

Hopefully they make it more enjoyable for people playing on their own. BF2, unless you were with a team, was a nightmare to play. Hopefully it's not as slow paced either. They're the 2 things keeping it way behind COD.

If you want to play COD, play COD!

I love the fact battlefields are nothing like the run and gun shit of COD.

Its good that its slower.

Like I said though, on your own you're generally not going to have a good time on it because it's too team based. If you have lots of friends who play it, great. And slower pace doesn't mean more tactical really. Just means it's slower.

Its not slower per se, its just everything is much bigger..

so it takes more time to do things. But if you play properly and get into a decent team, you can spawn off team mates in useful locations.

just tonight I learned to strap C4 onto my quad bike and jump off it just as it wanders into a cluster of enemies... Click, boom. :lol:

extremely satisfying! muahaha.

I have maxed out all classes but Recon.

The engineer class is sweet simply for the anti tank mines. Easily good for 1k points a game. I usually start off and engineer and lay loads of mines, then switch to assault or recon class depending on how the game is developing

Lapal fan I 'think' I have played against you as your name sounds very familiar, I am assuming from there as I am not on here much.

Â