Uncharted 3

jat_r

I got this for Christmas; not played any of the previous ones but generally have an idea of the characters/story etc. I must say i'm extremely underwhelmed so far. I can't knock the graphics/presentation, they are pretty phenomenal, however, I don't know if i'm missing the point of the game but the depth of gameplay is so thin it's incredible.

Everything seems sort of automatic, like you barely have to do a thing and requires no real skill level. The shooting bits are quite sloppy too, which is a surprise. I dunno, I may get more in to it, but I think I prefer games to be games and not films, which it sort of feels like.

Those arevthe reasons I didn't like Uncharteted 2. Like you say, the graphics can't be faulted, but I find the gameplay really limited.

****Safety spoilers****

I am mostly enjoying it but there have been a few ballache moments, im stuck on one at the moment towards the end of the game in a cruise ship ballroom where im fighting off what seems like about 20 guys but just keep getting battered relentlessly. Plus, im finding the aiming very sluggish and difficult to get to grips with compared to the second game aswell.

Apart from these huge spikes in difficulty its an impressive and enjoyable game, not as good or awe inspiring as UC2 but good nonetheless.

I particulalry enjoyed the flashback level at the start of the game as young nate, the story is decent as well, with the twist halfway through trying to change your feelings towards drake, oh and looking out over London's highly detailed skyline early on was particulalry impressive (if you look closely you can see traffic moving over bridges and stuff).

So far with only a few levels to go its getting a solid 8/10 but no more. Im hoping the last few levels are memorable enough to raise it abit but the boat/ship graveyard level coupled with the cruise ship level are both draining and marring an otherwise excellent story.

Â