FA Cup - Round 3

Rainer

The reality of the game is that players often go in 'two-footed', by some definition of the term, but the key to whether a tackle is bannable should come down to how dangerous the tackler is with his 'trailing' leg. Giving a red for Kompany's tackle isn't a decision that's fits the spirit of the rule for me. For a start the tackle itself is not dangerous, he wins it cleanly, his legs were quite spread (which stretches the definition of 'two-footed'); the second leg was in zero danger of touching the player in possession, and was used not to give Kompany extra reach or momentum, but to trap the ball as the other leg won it cleanly.

Disappointing call, for me it's an example of officiousness that misses the point of officiating.

Wow, Kolarov.

Not a red card for me. I always think that in order for a challenge to be a red card it should first be a foul - that wasn't.

agree, silva used a bit of skill to avoid a reckless rooney scissor tackle, if he made contact it would have to have been at least a yellow but he didnt so its nothing

great freekick by kolarov

Undecided as to whether it was a red or not but frankly that's a side issue when you think that it was Rooney who made the decision. Both the ref and the linesman, who were both less than 10 yards away, gave absolutely nothing until that fat mug's outburst.

Undecided as to whether it was a red or not but frankly that's a side issue when you think that it was Rooney who made the decision. Both the ref and the linesman, who were both less than 10 yards away, gave absolutely nothing until that fat mug's outburst.
Yeah, classy showing from a guy who was defended by the Montenegro defender he got banned for lashing out at. Utter twunt.

It was a red card in my book. You can't jump two footed into a tackle, it doesn't really matter if you make contact or not you don't have to break a leg for it to be against the rules. I'd imagine he was sent off for serious foul play, that there was no contact isn't really relevant.

That said I agree the ref only took action because of Rooney which isn't right.

It was a red card in my book. You can't jump two footed into a tackle, it doesn't really matter if you make contact or not you don't have to break a leg for it to be against the rules. I'd imagine he was sent off for serious foul play, that there was no contact isn't really relevant.

My mates and my dad seem to think there's nothing wrong with it but glad someone sees it the same way I do.

Clearly a red card card and you punish what the actually tackle is, not how much of an injury it causes.

For me, it wasn't two footed and I think you can argue as to whether he was ever out of control - he took the ball cleanly with his right leg and his left leg happened to be there because it's attached to his body. Not a foul for me.

For me, it wasn't two footed and I think you can argue as to whether he was ever out of control - he took the ball cleanly with his right leg and his left leg happened to be there because it's attached to his body. Not a foul for me.

Apologies for my not-so-great camera work.

red3a.jpg

But for me he's left the floor, it's 2 footed and his studs are showing. There's no reason to tackle in this way and whether he gets the ball is irrelevant. It's 'tackles' like this that need be stamped out of the game and punishing them with straight reds is the way to go. If players keep doing it, then it's their fault for not learning.

Certainly a red by the latter of the law. Kompany had absolutley no reason to dive in two-footed and deserved it. Had he slid in one footed he's either going to take the ball or at worse drawing a foul resulting in a yellow card.

Â