RIP "Witton Lane", former VT Poster

rjw63

In the paper and associated with the club he loved.

Staunch Aston Villa fan suffers heart attack

by Christina Savvas, Birmingham Mail

Jun 16 2011

0ShareA STAUNCH Villa supporter collapsed and died just an hour after posting on an internet forum about the McLeish controversy.

Michael Tummey, from Quinton, died of a suspected heart attack at about 4am yesterday.

It happened just after the 41-year-old had been texting fellow fans and posting his thoughts about the management saga.

Tributes poured in for Michael, also known as Witton Lane, who became a popular character on the Vital Villa fans’ website.

Supporters embroiled in the McLeish furore said his death put things into perspective.

Jonathan Fear, editor of the Vital Villa website, said: “Mike was known on the boards for over a decade, a true Villa fan, always one with a quip and always one with fierce support for his claret and blues.

“We used to give each other a lot of abuse but it was such a friendship that you never took offence. He was fiercely loyal, if you had a problem it was his problem too.”

Another pal, John, who used to meet Michael at matches, said: “Only last night we were putting the world to rights.

“We were exchanging texts and having the usual laugh. I was told I was wrong as usual. The details are a bit sketchy about what happened but he last logged on at about 3am and we understand he suffered a heart attack at around 4am.

“People are saying ‘Who cares about the manager now?’ It puts things into perspective.”

Members on the forum last night expressed their shock at hearing the news.

One said: “He was good friends with a lot of people on the forum, he will be sadly missed and I am gutted.

“Football doesn’t matter does it?”

Another said: “I have had things put into perspective today, a member of Vital Villa has passed away, aged 41, This is just football. RIP Michael.”

DeanoVilla, wrote: “Completely gobsmacked and saddened by this. I’m sure he was only on here yesterday airing his views on the McLeish saga. Vocal with his Villa passion until the end.”

Snother responded: “Spot on Deano, in fact looking last login just after 3am. Real loss to everyone who knew him.”

The death has been referred to the coroner. Funeral arrangements have not been finalised at this stage.

I'll hopefully be at the funeral, work permitting. I doubt he'd have wanted flowers though...not his type of thing at all

Mike's view on appropriate use of flowers.

Sending flowers must cost at least £50 these days surely? Just head up to a massage parlour, slap your money down and you'll get a blowjob anyway. At least that way there's no gamble involved :)

I've only bought flowers for a female twice in my life, once I got **** all other than "you only bought them because I complained that you never bought me flowers" and the other time I'd played a pretty nasty joke on a bird I was supposed to be spending the weekend with and she went spastic about it so I bought flowers to smooth things over before I arrived.

I bought flowers for my mother tons of times though, but she doesn't count, for obvious reasons.

Instead of flowers. howabout a nice online petition to get one of the stands renamed after Witton Lane, and maybe invite Joe CalSlappy to do the opening.

RIP WL HITS :(

I'll hopefully be at the funeral, work permitting. I doubt he'd have wanted flowers though...not his type of thing at all

Mike's view on appropriate use of flowers.

Sending flowers must cost at least £50 these days surely? Just head up to a massage parlour, slap your money down and you'll get a blowjob anyway. At least that way there's no gamble involved :)

I've only bought flowers for a female twice in my life, once I got **** all other than "you only bought them because I complained that you never bought me flowers" and the other time I'd played a pretty nasty joke on a bird I was supposed to be spending the weekend with and she went spastic about it so I bought flowers to smooth things over before I arrived.

I bought flowers for my mother tons of times though, but she doesn't count, for obvious reasons.

Instead of flowers. howabout a nice online petition to get one of the stands renamed after Witton Lane, and maybe invite Joe CalSlappy to do the opening.

RIP WL HITS :(

Don't know about you, im heading down the a massage parlour with £50... purely out of respect for the guy.

RIP another holteender in the sky.