RIP "Witton Lane", former VT Poster

rjw63

Mike's funeral will be at Lodge Hill crem on Tuesday 5th July at 12.30pm.

No flowers, anyone who was going to buy flowers can donate to Acorns instead.

I'll be there representing VillaTalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the service.

Very nicely done by Mike's great friend Rev Pete Worth. Nice words also spoken by Mike's best buddy ( a Bloonose!) a guy from a boxing forum, and Jon Fear from Vital Villa.

Terrific turnout, well over a hundred I'd say. Must admit I had a tear in the eye as the coffin sank down and the curtains were drawn.

Met some great people in not the best of circumstances, but I'm sure Witton would be laughing his balls off at all the crying and snivelling.

RIP a true Villan and a great bloke.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late to this as I've been away for a month - thanks Rob for letting me know. Absolutely **** gutted, one of my oldest and closest friends is gone. I've spent the afternoon and evening reading tributes to him on various fora, sometimes struggling to read through the tears in my eyes, sometimes laughing out loud, sometimes both at the same time.

I took that photo of him in the link, above, at Singapore Zoo about five years ago. He loved Singapore. Thanks, Mike. I never thought I would get one of my photos published :thumb: Your sacrifice for my art is much appreciated. I'm also going to investigate the possibility of a copy write claim against the Mail for using it - might as well try to earn a few quid from your demise, I know it's what you'd want!

When I find them I'll post another few shots of the big man enjoying his travels. I'll also be back when I'm pissed to post the kind of entry he would actually appreciate rather than merely empathise with. I knew him long enough and well enough to know what he would want is twisted and sardonic, so I'll be back later to give him what he deserves for being word removed enough to die on me. Unless I pass out pissed before I do so.

Goodbye, big man. I'll miss you (no homo!).

• Like 1

Yeah, I did! However, unlike Mike's it was a semi-controlled oblivion! I even tidied up a bit before I fell asleep. That messy word removed apparently scattered things all over the room as he hit the floor! :cheers::crylaugh: That's more the kind of thing he'd want to hear than the maudlin stuff I posted yesterday!

I look forward to the day we both meet up again in Hell. We long ago agreed that there was where we were both destined because of some of the things we laughed at. :twisted:

I've found a couple of the photos I was looking for and when I've dug out the rest I'll post 'em up in final tribute.