Will we battle against relegation next season?

BOF

Will we battle against relegation next season?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Will we battle against relegation next season?

• Yes, and we will fail
    • Yes, and we will escape ... just
    • Yes, but we will escape comfortably
    • No we wont

and I disagree with you Chris. The manager is now incidental to the bigger issue. If you honestky believe that any other manager could deliver success under this regime then I think it would be a great discussion that we could have to see how and why

You're right - The Joker is in charge!

Doest matter with or without O'leary really.

I disagree. That's the beauty of opinion and of football, no matter how many times you post it.

The bit in bold is exactly right Chris. Agree with the rest of it but that bit just highlights the fact that this has been discussed time and again. The whys and wherefores. The reasons why people take the view on the manager have been brought up again and again.

It should be clear to most, but sadly isn't, why the manager's performance has been questionned.

Can the Mods keep this thread as a sticky - It will be "interesting" to see how people react as the season progresses

It's better to create a new 'clean' poll for each section of the season. This poll is a good gauge of pre-season optimism. We can maybe do another one after 6 or 7 games and compare the percentages.

whilst I think we'll narrowly escape, at the moment only Watford and Sheffield United are teams I am confident / would expect us to definitely finish higher than.

Charlton, Man City, Fulham, Portsmouth and Wigan are all maybes. We could do, we could easily not. As I've said elsewhere, anywhere between 13-18th depending on injuries and 'luck'

Can the Mods keep this thread as a sticky - It will be "interesting" to see how people react as the season progresses

i actually think this is a goo idea. personally the teams i think will be battling us for safety are fulham, wigan and maybe man city along with the three promoted clubs. think pompey will be well ahead of us next season. :(

Not for the first time I agree, in part, with everyone.

However, I think we'll be surprised next season and return to the top half of the table.... 'cos football's a funny old game.... I have faith (Don't tell Oz).... and we are ASTON VILLA.

You're right - The Joker is in charge!

Doest matter with or without O'leary really.

So Jez, you really believe that whoever is in charge next season, we'll still have a shite season?! I'm sorry but O'dreary's appaling tactics last season contributed pretty much in where we finished.

As for relegation, well they way things are going I think we'll struggle to finish above 18th but I would change that if we sacked the clown as I've lost faith in him to get the best out of this squad which a new Manager could do.

My head says the squad is good enough to finish mid-table, my heart says (no money, no new players, no new owners) we are heading for the drop. Or is it the other way round?

So Jez, you really believe that whoever is in charge next season, we'll still have a shite season?! I'm sorry but O'Leary's appaling tactics last season contributed pretty much in where we finished.

As for relegation, well they way things are going I think we'll struggle to finish above 18th but I would change that if we sacked the clown as I've lost faith in him to get the best out of this squad which a new Manager could do.

I'm sorry but if we have some injuries to our senior players, so were basically playing a reserve side with a few first teamers in it you expect a different manager to do better?? If you can find a manager that can get us mid-table and above with majority reserve players he must the greatest manager ever!!! and this one is going to come to Villa????

On the over hand if we don't have lots of injuries and can play first team regularly then O'leary will do fine. Like he did the first 2 seasons, people class them as in the past well the season gone was in the past so its 2 good against 1 bad, not to bad hey!?

I'm sure someone can correct me, again, but when a similar question was asked last season after the HUGE expenditure on players the majority seemed to expect a high to midtable finish, thanks to the improvements made.

Squad seems so far about the same as then, manager and coaching staff nearly the same, onlt the issues regarding Ellis have changed.

Strange, has the normal over optimism been moderated by the various O'leary out and the players are rubbish campaigns.

For the record, my opinion as of today, it may change by the time the transfer window has closed, remains the same as last year when the transfer window closed.

We are short of players especially those of genuine quality and if we get a run of injuries or of off form players, O'leary and his team will struggle because the options from the bench remain far too limited. This time however, the corollary I added, that the optimism was completely unfounded in my opinion, can now be excluded, but you knew that didn't you.

We are short of players especially those of genuine quality and if we get a run of injuries or of off form players, O'leary and his team will struggle because the options from the bench remain far too limited.

100% agree with this

The manager is now incidental to the bigger issue. If you honestky believe that any other manager could deliver success under this regime then I think it would be a great discussion that we could have to see how and why

The manager is far from incidental to the bigger issue and having one who knows his arse from his elbow would be a huge step in the right direction, but as the clown at the top seems determined to let the incompetent O'Leary stay in charge then he is the bigger problem, but to say the manager is incidental is ludicrous.

You might think its ludicrous Tony but have failed to answer the question, as to why you think any other manager who we could get would be able to achieve everything you want as a Villa fan

You might think its ludicrous Tony but have failed to answer the question, as to why you think any other manager who we could get would be able to achieve everything you want as a Villa fan

Well you're moving the goalposts slightly by saying "Achieve everything you want as a Villa Fan", but O'Leary's record speaks for itself, one half of a season we were very good, the rest has meandered between average and God awful.

Â