Will we battle against relegation next season?

BOF

Will we battle against relegation next season?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Will we battle against relegation next season?

• Yes, and we will fail
    • Yes, and we will escape ... just
    • Yes, but we will escape comfortably
    • No we wont

Well as it stands, it's pretty damning. 75% of people reckon we will be fighting relegation in some form or another. That's incredible frankly for a club of our former stature.

Only 1 in 4 people think we wont fight relegation but 1 in 4 people also think we will be relegated !

Well you're moving the goalposts slightly by saying "Achieve everything you want as a Villa Fan", but O'Leary's record speaks for itself, one half of a season we were very good, the rest has meandered between average and God awful.

In performance wise yes but in terms of finishing its 2 good against 1 bad. 1st 6th, 2nd 10th (i think) mid-table is best we can hope for under Ellis. People were quite happy dismiss them 2 'good' seasons during last season. Now the rubbish season is in the past with the 2 'good' ones so simply put its 2-1. Along with Ellis shutting us down its only gonna get worse unless we have some luck.

In performance wise yes but in terms of finishing its 2 good against 1 bad. 1st 6th, 2nd 10th (i think) mid-table is best we can hope for under Ellis. People were quite happy dismiss them 2 'good' seasons during last season. Now the rubbish season is in the past with the 2 'good' ones so simply put its 2-1. Along with Ellis shutting us down its only gonna get worse unless we have some luck.

The worrying thing is the trend. It doesn't take a genius to work out our current trajectory and where it will lead us. 6th, 10th, 16th, ?. The question is can DOL do something he has never done before and improve on his previous season? If not then we are in deep doo-doo.

I'm generally in the DOL out camp simply because I don't believe he has the ability to create a team and get them playing decent football. His Leeds team were also on a downward trajectory as he added more of his own players to the squad and the same thing is happening at Villa. As more of the squad has become his own the poorer the results and poorer the football.

But hey you are probably right, maybe no manager could get anything going under Ellis in which case we really are screwed cos he ain't going nowhere.

Sadly, unless we change something dramatically at the club, I believe we will be playing in the Championship come 2007-2008.

Yeah i agree with that but i think its a combination of Ellis and O'leary the difference being if we are lucky with injuires i think he will do ok and we will finish mid-table. If were not unlucky with injuires then were ****, now is this O'learys fault because he cannot work witht he reserve team he has or Ellis because he keeps stripping away at Aston Villa? Once again i think its more Ellis.

Yeah but he did ok first season then slowly going down from there, it cannot be a coincidence that Doug has slowly been closing us down and getting worse in that time as well. Yes O'leary aint been the best but aint helped by a chairmen trying to shut us down!

Yeah but he did ok first season then slowly going down from there, it cannot be a coincidence that Doug has slowly been closing us down and getting worse in that time as well. Yes O'leary aint been the best but aint helped by a chairmen trying to shut us down!

WTF was last summer's decent transfer spending all about then?! :shock:

WTF was last summer's decent transfer spending all about then?! :shock:

One of them every summer would be nearer to other clubs, even Small Health!

Does the no we won't option mean we won't battle but just merely accept it because I think thats the option i'm voting for!

That's what i voted for. Not much of a battle at all. More with a wimper than with a bang.

Every season until this one, I've been so positive at the start, and been disappointed. Now I'm utterly pessimistic, perhaps I'll be suprised.

I think we'll be bottom after three games, and then win the league with 4 games to spare.

Nurse..? I think it's time for my...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

that going to be another three month zzzzzz like since your last post ;-)

I think we will be up against it from day 1 this year and i fear the worst for the whole season i think that we will be the sunderland of this campain and i tell you why there is not one positive vibe coming from the club the fans the manager and need i say more the chairman.I fear this is going to be one of our worst seasons ever and we may get a derby or two next year lets just hope the scum dont pass us going the other way.

• 3 weeks later...
You're right - The Joker is in charge!

Doest matter with or without O'leary really.

So Jez, you really believe that whoever is in charge next season, we'll still have a shite season?! I'm sorry but O'Leary's appaling tactics last season contributed pretty much in where we finished.

As for relegation, well they way things are going I think we'll struggle to finish above 18th but I would change that if we sacked the clown as I've lost faith in him to get the best out of this squad which a new Manager could do.

Its been said before that Ellis budgeted for mid table. The manager and the team could not get to that level.

We are starting from a "minus" position for next season at the present moment. If their is a god - boy do we need him now.

Â