Jump to content

What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

shame he was interviewed by the ever so simpering Mary Ann Hobbs

She's so f***ing pretentious! And she's another one of those radio presenters that loves to tell us how she's so bloody brilliant

Currently listening to the Idles album, I'm not their greatest fan tbh, I think there's better out there in the same vein. On first listen this album seems a bit better than their debut but I can't put my finger on why I'm only luke warm about them but I think it's the same reason I'm not a big fan of Sleaford Mods

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

shame he was interviewed by the ever so simpering Mary Ann Hobbs

I like her programmes. The different style she has doesn't bother me at all. But on topic, Flaming Lips and Billy Nomates CDs just came through the door, from the record shop. 'Bout to put 'em on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, blandy said:

I like her programmes. The different style she has doesn't bother me at all. But on topic, Flaming Lips and Billy Nomates CDs just came through the door, from the record shop. 'Bout to put 'em on.

Flaming lips new one is back to their best imo - really decent effort again.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Flaming lips new one is back to their best imo - really decent effort again.

Yep. It's a belter. More like Yoshimi and the Soft Bulletin - same producer.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long time of trying to convince me from @rjw63I finally fell for it and bought myself a turntable. These were my first purchases:

Image

Then I dug out my old ones and of course the two the left were already in my collection, but who cares? :) Brilliant albums all of them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pelle said:

After a long time of trying to convince me from @rjw63I finally fell for it and bought myself a turntable. These were my first purchases:

Image

Then I dug out my old ones and of course the two the left were already in my collection, but who cares? :) Brilliant albums all of them.

So glad that image doesn't work for me 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easing my way into the weekend with an alltime favourite, works for lazy mornings, tired night and even working from home

LC - the second Durutti Column Album on Factory from 1981

I think I've posted this before but this was one of those very speculative purchases back in school and it really has stayed with me for the last 40 years, vinyl is still in great condition (cover isn't that bad either)

R-129882-1364129209-8753.jpeg.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Generally accepted as the best mother **** concept album of all time.

EjL3wr3XsAc2KEk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I've got a Faces LP on the way, will put a pic up when it gets here

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've got a Faces LP on the way, will put a pic up when it gets here

Y’know what, I don’t actually have any Faces records. I had a hang up about Rod Stewart. I’ve finally accepted that lots of their stuff was just brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Y’know what, I don’t actually have any Faces records. I had a hang up about Rod Stewart. I’ve finally accepted that lots of their stuff was just brilliant.

Well here it is!

spacer.png   spacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â