Dr_Alimantado

What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

36 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I try and head down to London whenever they do their pop-ups, always come away with armfuls of good stuff.  The last one I got to was a few years back at Ghost Whale in Brixton, absolutely ideal as my wife was distracted (and ultimately made pliant) by the abundance of beer on offer.  Sans alcohol she normally lasts a good 20 minutes in a record store before wanting to kill me (and I don't blame her, I've experienced the other side of it when accompanying her to Hobbycraft).

My OH is quite good to be fair. If she goes clothes shopping, she is usually in and out. When I go to a record shop, she will go off and do something else and leave me to it. When went to New York last year though, made a special effort to go to some record stores (Academy and Generation Records) but she was knackered and stayed around waiting for me. Think she may have regretted that choice... 

• Like 1

R-2143531-1266372551.jpeg.jpg.bc2a074ef17d9c7069bc49837b0669cc.jpg

Dashiell Hedayat - 'Obsolete'

It's Gong backing French writer Daniel Theron doing a bit of spoken word.

William Burroughs makes an appearance. 

On 21/05/2020 at 09:11, Seat68 said:

Isnt Anything and Loveless, maybe it was overplay and it was broadly shoegazing, which I had real problems with, but those albums weren't good for me. My wife loved Moose, Catherine Wheel, Ride, MBV, etc and I disliked all of that. An album like Loveless comes along and its on constantly then it was a pain. Glider ep even more so. 

If it's vinyl, sell the f*** out of it while she's not looking, it sells for a bomb these days

Personally I wouldn't because it's a fantatic album

But if you have an original vinyl UK Creation copy - £120 median price

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

If it's vinyl, sell the f*** out of it while she's not looking, it sells for a bomb these days

Personally I wouldn't because it's a fantatic album

But if you have an original vinyl UK Creation copy - £120 median price

Really. We, yes its now become we, have loads of MBV on vinyl and a lot of very early MBV vinyl. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Really. We, yes its now become we, have loads of MBV on vinyl and a lot of very early MBV vinyl. 

Cheapest of Loveless vinyl on Discogs, currently £90 and the seller has added these comments... "Vinyl has many scratches.A2 has clicks.Side B has loud surface noise."

A perfect copy is hitting the £280 mark!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

49926732562_7c93d9b51e.jpg

Was only playing a ‘best of Link Wray’  album the other day - still a great sound! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Was only playing a ‘best of Link Wray’  album the other day - still a great sound! 

Something got played on R6 a day or so ago. Marched straight up the garage to dig it out of a crate.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Vertebrae.jpg

Been listening to a lot recently in readiness for new album later this year and this was the album that really got me into the band. Both heavy and beautiful, showcases the outer levels of Black Metal and what can be achieved. Enslaved were never a stereotypical Black Metal band and had always pushed boundaries and were building to something like this for a number of albums, but this IMO was the watershed album and brought them into the next stage of their sound. It really as a masterpiece with the glorious song "The Watcher" closing it:- 

• Like 1

Â