Xann

What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Still listening to Slipknot's new album about 4 or 5 times a day. Absolute masterpiece.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

I know you aren't aware but they are known white supremicist nazi's. I know you should try to separate the music from the artist sometimes but for these scumbags I'll make an exception and not give them a second of my time.

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I know you aren't aware but they are known white supremicist nazi's. I know you should try to separate the music from the artist sometimes but for these scumbags I'll make an exception and not give them a second of my time.

Tbf while there are some pretty bad links between them and some right wing scum and they might very well be pro neo Nazi even thou they deny it.

But Antifa are just as mental as those right wing idiots. Antifa is not the right way to judge anyone by.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Like a cross between Gang Green and 'Kill 'em All' era Metallica. High energy, scuzzy pop punk.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sne said:

Tbf while there are some pretty bad links between them and some right wing scum and they might very well be pro neo Nazi even thou they deny it.

But Antifa are just as mental as those right wing idiots. Antifa is not the right way to judge anyone by.

There are very fine people on both sides? 

• Like 1

We’ve had a stock rotation and Eagles are back out.

48678577161_8b0217271f.jpg

The other one is a mystery. I’ve got my copy of Style Council / Favourite Shop but then I got this one out and it was just the sleeve. Mystery, where mrs chrisp’s record gone? Checked a few other covers in case the vinyl had been put in the wrong sleeve. Nothing, her record has gone missing.

Eventually I ask her if she can remember if anything ever happened to her copy as its missing out of the sleeve.

She says she’s never owned a copy on account of it being shite.

So, turns out its not a missing vinyl mystery, its an additional sleeve mystery...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

She says she’s never owned a copy on account of it being shite.

She's right too :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Simiam Mobile Disco - Murmurations

Lovely album and a rarity in that it proves that HMV is useful sometimes, it was the only place I could find it. I'm not usually fan of SMD but this album is great

R-11977675-1529701545-4938.jpeg.jpg

Original First Pressing - Prince Far I - Voice of Thunder

Reggae records really do seem to be rising in price, this one is currently worth upwards of £20 in the condition its in(NM/VG+)

R-680725-1180073469.jpeg.jpg

On 03/09/2019 at 09:37, PieFacE said:

Still listening to Slipknot's new album about 4 or 5 times a day. Absolute masterpiece.

Yep, it's on when I'm washing up, driving, walking, gardening. Obsessed with the bloody thing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Original First Pressing - Prince Far I - Voice of Thunder

Reggae records really do seem to be rising in price, this one is currently worth upwards of £20 in the condition its in(NM/VG+)

R-680725-1180073469.jpeg.jpg

Definitely so.

I think a whole ‘new’ generation of vinyl record types are content for £20 to be the default. In fact, if you want to turn a quick couple of quid, buy some average records currently available new for £17 / £18 get yourself down to Tenby and flog them in the used vinyl store there for just under £30.

You can still find good stuff for a tenner and get a penny change.

• Like 1

Have been playing The Holydrug Couple - Hyper Super Mega since seeing them last week!

parts Unknown Mortal Orchestra, parts ‘heavy’ Air and a little Metronomy in places but all good! 

• Like 1

Quite badly warped but still plays fine.This amuses me, don't expect much of a tune. There's even a John Lennon speech excerpt in there that cracks me up because he's saying that he won't get shot like MLK and Kennedy because they were serious people and they (The Beatles) weren't

Not something I'd play often due to the lack of a proper tune but like I said it amuses me every now and again. Experimental sound collage

Oh and anyone sued by U2 for copyright can't be all bad (not this album, the one that followed it)

Negativland - Helter Stupid

I adore Gene Clark. He was an exceptional talent. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Negativland

Playing over here in October.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Playing over here in October.

London and Newcastle 😪

Â