What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Freshly cleaned and sounding great, not a pop or crackle to be heard. It still has the original inner sleeve and no barcode on the cover so it's a first pressing. It's worth less than a tenner having said that

I remember being so excited when it came out and it came out to luke warm reviews but I always liked it. It ranks fourth in my list of Bunnymen Albums. Porcupine

R-374614-1374958228-4135.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Echo and the Bunnymen are a band I am a fan of that I didn't think I was a fan of. I have a few albums, Porcupine amongst them as well as seeing them a few times and loving them. Inadvertently the first band I ever saw was a spin off. The Sex Gods were the Ramones support band. 

Every thought of EATB is a very good thought. 

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Echo and the Bunnymen are a band I am a fan of that I didn't think I was a fan of. I have a few albums, Porcupine amongst them as well as seeing them a few times and loving them. Inadvertently the first band I ever saw was a spin off. The Sex Gods were the Ramones support band. 

Every thought of EATB is a very good thought. 

I have lost count of the number of times I’ve seen the Bunnymen, it’s somewhere around the hundred mark, maybe over maybe under. The Sex Gods were a short lived distraction for Pete de Freitas when he was losing the plot and the bands roadies, I still bump into Andy Eastwood from time to time, he’s a good bloke. I even did some work for Will Sergeant once when he was doing his Glide ambient project, I got a credit on the CD I think.

• Like 1

Suns out, it's hot, crank up the bass. I'm hastily putting together a massive reggae / Dub / Ska playlist for a serious amount of driving tomorrow. Liverpool to Brizzle then back to Merthyr. I suspect I'll be poluting the middle of Wales with good vibes and open windows. I'f any spots any rasta sheep, thats my influence

R-173282-1187449448.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/06/2019 at 19:32, bickster said:

Suns out, it's hot, crank up the bass. I'm hastily putting together a massive reggae / Dub / Ska playlist for a serious amount of driving tomorrow. Liverpool to Brizzle then back to Merthyr. I suspect I'll be poluting the middle of Wales with good vibes and open windows. I'f any spots any rasta sheep, thats my influence

R-173282-1187449448.jpeg.jpg

I pity your passenger 😱

I already owned their previous record but I heard this when it came out a few months back and thought it a bit of a departure and kind of put it to one side

Then @theboyangelmentioned it to me a few weeks ago and I've given it a few more listens. I need to buy it now, I think it'll be in the end of year pile no doubt. You want a reference point, well its very Radiohead but not in a bad way

R-13504959-1555449587-9165.jpeg.jpg

EDIT: This record should be talked about more than it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I already owned their previous record but I heard this when it came out a few months back and thought it a bit of a departure and kind of put it to one side

Then @theboyangelmentioned it to me a few weeks ago and I've given it a few more listens. I need to buy it now, I think it'll be in the end of year pile no doubt. You want a reference point, well its very Radiohead but not in a bad way

R-13504959-1555449587-9165.jpeg.jpg

EDIT: This record should be talked about more than it is.

Haven’t removed it from the iPod yet. Deffo one of my faves of the year so far! 

They’re playing the shipping forecast in August too. Will go if still up here!!! 

• Like 1

Â