What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Cracker innit Roberto?

Back Foot caught me ear, real stomper . Only just put it on after cleaning all the static off it :)

31 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Cracker innit Roberto?

Forgot to add it was a Fathers Day gift so thanks to @adw95 for that (although he hasn't been on here for a loooooooooooooong time)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just read Baroness have a new album coming out! Excellent news :) 

It came out about a week ago ;) 

gold-and-grey.jpg?w=630&h=630&zc=1&s=0&a

Not had a chance to listen to in depth but what I have done enjoyed so far - Gina's influence is good on the records :) 

• Like 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

It came out about a week ago ;) 

gold-and-grey.jpg?w=630&h=630&zc=1&s=0&a

Not had a chance to listen to in depth but what I have done enjoyed so far - Gina's influence is good on the records :) 

John's artwork continues to be amazing, he's a bloody talented bloke (a nice bloke too, I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago at their Wolverhampton show)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

John's artwork continues to be amazing, he's a bloody talented bloke (a nice bloke too, I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago at their Wolverhampton show)

Slade Rooms in the first tour after the accident? I was there too! :) 

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Slade Rooms in the first tour after the accident? I was there too! :) 

Yeah that's the badger - 2013 iirc. The sound wasn't loud enough, apart from that it was a good gig.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Cracker innit Roberto?

This has got a thumbs up from the wife now, who is singing along with the inner lyric sheet :)

• Like 1

61AuKda6KRL._SX355_.jpg

1000x1000.jpg

Been on a proper binge recently with the new album coming soon and been listening to the first two albums again. I'd forgotten just how brutal Iowa is. Such an aggressive and angry album. I still prefer the self titled as it's a little more raw, bombastic and almost punk like in its attitude but **** me on Iowa you can feel genuine hatred and rage from the music, the lyrics, Corey's guttural screams etc... such a horrible atmosphere pervading throughout that record. Great though.

I didn't like the first 2 albums all that much initially when I was a young teen and was spoiled by the accessibility and more traditional musicianship of Vol.3 I guess but over the years I grew to appreciate them more and now love them. Not everyone's cup of tea, unfairly imo labelled under the dreaded 'nu-metal' tag and still now even over 20 years later misunderstood by loads but I love them. I do think you kind of have to buy into the mindset of where they came from to understand the music in a way. Definitely a marmite band. 

Both 'Surfacing' and then 'People=shit' at full blast just gets my adrenaline pumping.

Edited by Ingram85

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This has got a thumbs up from the wife now, who is singing along with the inner lyric sheet :)

Just purchased tickets to see these in Brum in December at an extravagant £10 each. Just after returning from a Barbados holiday. Life of the idle rich (I wish)

Â