What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Been on my list for 12 months and I've finally picked it up. Mistake. Should have bought it 12 months ago, it's the best thing I've heard in some time.

On the subject of cover versions earlier, how about this for a re working of some Sonny Bono...

44557611031_1db93ca6e1.jpg

51 minutes ago, blandy said:

Family of Aliens, Teleman

Family of Aliens Teleman.jpg

Edit I just realised they're like a re-incarnation of mid-early 1980's Talk Talk. So that's why I like them so much.

Playing Liverpool Oct 5th (Fri) if you fancy it? £15

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Edit I just realised they're like a re-incarnation of mid-early 1980's Talk Talk. So that's why I like them so much.

Heard them being interviewed on BBC6 music the other day.

it was painful listening- the main lad clearly finds talking to someone very difficult. I appreciate being interviewed is not everyone’s cup of tea but it was only Lauren Laverne, not David Frost posing the questions! 

Their music’s ok though!  

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Heard them being interviewed on BBC6 music the other day.

it was painful listening- the main lad clearly finds talking to someone very difficult. I appreciate being interviewed is not everyone’s cup of tea but it was only Lauren Laverne, not David Frost posing the questions! 

Their music’s ok though!  

Probably embarrassed with the Laverne fawning if today’s Wooden Shjips interview / live room thang is anything to go by. Tbh I know / have known lots of bands who absolutely hate interviews for a variety of reasons ranging from, they actually prefer to let the music do the talking because away from the stage their really self conscious to sheer paranoia that they’ll get stitched up. Some people really are no good at it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Probably embarrassed with the Laverne fawning

I don't mind her, generally, but her interviewing is "not the best", it almost always seems a bit forced - she never seems to relax, so how can the interviewee relax? kind of thing.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2018 at 13:10, blandy said:

This is ace Pete. Great recommendation :thumb:

17 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

This is ace Pete. Great recommendation :thumb:

I think I've got 3 of their Albums, Si. Brilliant Sanity is superb too, and there's onother one, maybe called Breakfast which is also good, but not quite as good as the other 2. 

Â