What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I had a little period where I was into the madchester scene, and all that late 80s, early 90s stuff that came with it. I was too young to be a part of that scene, and that's maybe why I don't appreciate it like some people do. It lacks substance to me, and I only listen to the stone roses from that period nowadays, and even that's rare. Then Oasis came and blew them all away ? 

On 23/08/2018 at 12:04, bickster said:

Try this next

Oh Sees - Smote Reverser

Never heard of them before, but think the cover is awesome and had a VT seal of approval so bought it. Curious heavy psychedelia so definitely enjoyed! Thanks @bickster ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Giving Slayer one last chance:

image.png.368c01da31a2dbe6ef2608bf17cf941a.png

Why for the love of god man, why. File under Megadeth, bands whose talent can be summed up by looking at who wears their t-shirts

Any band whose followers tend to wear baseball caps backwards isn't worthy of your ears, in case you develop the annoying tendency

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why for the love of god man, why. File under Megadeth, bands whose talent can be summed up by looking at who wears their t-shirts

Any band whose followers tend to wear baseball caps backwards isn't worthy of your ears, in case you develop the annoying tendency

Because I don't judge people by the way they look? ;)

They've always seemed to be a band I should like, but I just can't. There are one or two songs, a few good riffs, but nothing more. But at least I've tried. :) Don't like Megadeth either, btw.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

It was a classic in its day, but it hasn't aged well. 

A few songs in I can understand why it was and agree that it hasn't. Not bad, but doesn't do much for me. So far.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Get the **** out! ?

Slayer are and always have been **** awesome.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

201706558.jpeg

New Interpol album, Marauder.

It's OK on first listen. I still don't think they'll ever top the brilliance of the first two albums tbh.

I kinda gave up on them a few years ago

201706558.jpeg

New Interpol album, Marauder.

It's OK on first listen. I still don't think they'll ever top the brilliance of the first two albums tbh.

I loved the first 3, not so much the fourth one, thought Elpintor was decent, but as you say this new one...it's ok. Won't buy. 

• Like 1

41dd4ce4.jpg

Sun Kil Moon's Mark Kozelek and Jimmy LaValle of The Album Leaf.

Great stuff.

Must listen to this. I piggin' love the Album Leaf, so will investigate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

Must listen to this. I piggin' love the Album Leaf, so will investigate.

Double whammy for me as I'm a big fan of Album Leaf and an even bigger fan of Kozelek.

Â