What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

1975: tapes in one shop, records in the other!

33253483038_8543269984_n.jpg

(after much discussion last night, it was decided the other shop was simply called 'Records & Tapes' but should more accurately have been called 'Mostly Pin Badges & Other Shite')

Morgan Arcade makes sense

Another Mark Stewart - an eponymously titled one this time. Again Tackhead are the band but this is no longer a Maffia thing

Includes a cover of Forbidden Colours by Sylvian & Sakamoto.and a closed groove at the end of side 2 (I love a closed groove :mrgreen:)

How they didn't give Giorgio Moroder a writing credit for this though is beyond me...

• Like 1

That there Mekon Joihn Langford's occasional socio-political punk band The Three johns with their full-length debut Album, Atom Drum Bop

R-437880-1303518433.jpeg.jpg

I include a Live version of the opening track together with an early single as performed on The Tube because I just found it and this was my first experience of the band. The Tube, imagine coming home from school / work on a Friday and at 5:30 on one of the only four channels you could watch (two of which were about to show the news, national then local) there was this programme about music, where all the bands in the studio... played live and it was a bit off the wall and the programme lasted an hour and a half. The weekend started here in the early eighties! Now there's a million channels and not one of them has the balls to do this

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

105358.jpeg

Heard these @blandy ?

Think they may be up your street - or I might be talking bollocks 🙂

Either way, I think this album is terrific.

I've always dismissed them, kind of second division in my taste league but recently I've found myself a few times wondering who a track on the radio is by and its been them. I shall be investigating further. I agree they are up Pete's street too

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've always dismissed them, kind of second division in my taste league but recently I've found myself a few times wondering who a track on the radio is by and its been them. I shall be investigating further. I agree they are up Pete's street too

I really like them.

There's bits of Jellyfish, Squeeze and a touch of Talking Heads to it. Nice and shiny for a Friday 😀

Â