What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

So, yea, Razorlight have a new album out after a long hiatus and I'm kind of digging it. Didn't think they were too bad back in their heyday. Getting little airplay and nobody really talking about them. Decent comeback attempt anyway. Olympus Sleeping is what it's called.

In The Nursery - Twins from 1986

R-95455-1328134574.jpeg.jpg

Part of the Sheffield Industrial Scene in the '80s, I didn't realise until just now they are still together doing mainly soundtrack work. Some of this wouldn't be out of place if it was released this year

@blandyPut me on to the Blue Nile a few years back when he had a spare ticket for Paul Buchanan at the Philharmonic in Liverpool. I've had digital versions of the albums for ages

Today I was in a second-hand record shop I sometimes frequent in Abergavveny and I found this

R-266925-1319729641.jpeg.jpg

£18, the covers in OK shape but the record itself plays great but could do with a proper clean

The fella in the shop was talking to me about a few different bits of stuff as I was browsing, so when I decided to buy this and a couple of other bits He was saying, I've got the second album at hime, you know the one on Linn It sounds brilliant, I pointed out that this too was on Linn  and he was clearly unaware

Average price on Discogs is about £28, lowest currently on sale is £25

Brought a smile to my miserable face. If he'd done his homework he'd have been charging at least £30, I suspect he knew this by the time he asked me for the money but they were already priced up

• Like 1

a1925398695_5.jpg

Mnq026 by S U R V I V E

Some great electronic synthwave music. Two members of this band created the soundtrack to the Netflix show 'Stranger Things', which may give you an idea of the general sound of this record. This album has been the soundtrack to my life the past few days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

a1925398695_5.jpg

Mnq026 by S U R V I V E

Some great electronic synthwave music. Two members of this band created the soundtrack to the Netflix show 'Stranger Things', which may give you an idea of the general sound of this record. This album has been the soundtrack to my life the past few days. 

Stored to Spotify for an early morning long drive home, kinda thing I'm looking for then, punters would hate it though... so they might have to hear it too

• Like 1

Â