What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Another compilation from way back when

Tracklist

Dub Xperience - The Dread Operators - An On-U Sound compilation CD on Cleopatra Records of that there Los Angeles

DubXperience.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

See, I know you've got a good number of On U. I guess I've maybe got 2 or 3 On U Sounds albums in the course of forever.

But, Pressure Sounds, I'll pick those up with no knowledge of what's on it. 

I have a rather large On-U and related collection. Some of the guys on the Official On-U Facebook group were taking photos of their collections the other day. I couldn't do it because

1. I really don't know where everything is currently and
  2. I really don’t have the floor space to do it

This CD I only rediscovered last week sometime, there’s nothing particularly rare on it but it flows very well

I know I used to have a compilation album on On-U called Wild Party Sounds, I'm still hoping to find that one day and there’s a few others I haven’t rediscovered yet too

It was only when the others were posting their collections the other day I realised how much stuff I had, I had pretty much everything everyone else put up and more besides

• Like 1

On 17/01/2013 at 11:47, mjmooney said:

I keep meaning to buy Galactic Ramble, but it's too **** expensive.

Richard Morton Jack has just finished the new and supposedly final edition.

Over twice as big as the og.

After ten years of work, I'm delighted to announce that the revised and massively expanded second (and final!) edition of Galactic Ramble is now available for order, as a limited edition of 500 large-format hardbacks, in a slipcase.

It totally supersedes the previous edition, covering the same period in much greater depth (it's well over a million words long) and with many more illustrations, almost all of them barely seen before. I cannot emphasise enough how much material there is in the book, covering virtually every genre of 60s and 70s music.

Each copy costs £100 + shipping, and orders will be fulfilled the moment the books arrive in January. They will not be available on Amazon or elsewhere, and there is no date set for a paperback. The hardbacks will not be reprinted - when they're gone, they're gone. Thanks!

Facebook

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Any good?

Edit: Ah it's another oldie, so probably yes.

Yeah, live solo acoustic set from 1976. A couple of rare songs, mostly greatest hits, but very good performances. 

Â