What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Thanks for the tip off.... but appears to be dubious license from Sony and not from the original tapes (I think the guy that has the tapes knows he hasn't released them, they're still under his bed, so says it must be from a CD quality copy).

It's weird, it's a legit label, but the band knew nothing about it.

Do you get any slightly sub Beach Boys vibe from any of their stuff? In the most tenuous way. They quote Feel Flows as a big influence.

Actually I think they're on a compilation of Dennis Wilson tracks by various artists...must search that out.

Warmth of the Sun?

But we sing this at the footy and we're bloody good! We usually give ourselves a round of applause at the end.

from 2 minutes it basically a tribute act...

Edited by chrisp65
warmth of the sun
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Actually I think they're on a compilation of Dennis Wilson tracks by various artists...must search that out.

Found it - it's a SFA lp with tracks that they have covered including Feel Flows and Lady

https://www.discogs.com/Super-Furry-Animals-Under-The-Influence/master/1170439

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The Amorphous Andorgynous: Isness (Abbey Road Version)

Home alone AND the neighbour's car isn't there.

2knob_t658.jpg?ff95ca2b4c25d2d6ff3bfb257

Your amp goes up to 11! - that's one louder, isn't it?

I've got Lucy Dacus, Historian on (at 3 short of "wake the dead" on the amp)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

and their spin off super group

footage-of-pontyclun-van-hire-in-pontycl

Apparently the real Greta van Fleet is an octegenarian lady from the bands hometown, who turned up at their gig when they played in or near Frankenmuth, Michigan. For some reason they took her name as the band moniker.

What I meant was, they named themselves after the old lady and she came to a gig earlier this year.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

Erased Tapes 1 + 1 = X (Not much point in posting the cover as its all white and just embossed with Erased Tapes and X)

or the tenth annual erased tapes compilation, except this one, is a bit different, all the tracks are specifically recorded for it. Triple album on vinyl

This Ltd edition album retails at about £28, the 2 CD version retails at about £48. This seems to make no sense whatsoever

Anyway, suits my reflective mood before bed.

• Like 1

Â