What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So I've had a listen and yeah, I like that. It's gone on the list. My love of repetition couldn't resist it.

The album isn't all like the track in the Songs thread, though it was the one I liked best.

He makes interesting sounding music, but I reckon the VT Senior Indie club will enjoy the rest of the album more than I.

• Like 1

Just now, Xann said:

The album isn't all like the track in the Songs thread, though it was the one I liked best.

He makes interesting sounding music, but I reckon the VT Senior Indie club will enjoy the rest of the album more than I.

I went through a few of them on youtube.

Yours was probably my least fave.

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I went through a few of them on youtube.

Yours was probably my least fave.

?

I’ve listened to it all the way through once now. Really enjoyed it. I think it’ll be my on the way to work album tomorrow, either that or Les Big Byrd. Motorik Monday it’ll be!

• Like 1

On 29/10/2018 at 12:13, mjmooney said:

You did. Same as I had to order the £100 Dylan Blood on the Tracks box. 

Indeed. :) As you think early Queen were decent there's a possible little gem on this one. A new version of Doing alright without Freddie but with Tim Staffel doing some of the vocals. It's on Spotify.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Also had this on earlier in the week. Seems there is some sort of theme to my choices this week. ?

Alan McGee as artiste not label owner

Reminds me, this is another of those bands named after a song by another band (see previous comments in a music topic last week)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Alan McGee as artiste not label owner

Reminds me, this is another of those bands named after a song by another band (see previous comments in a music topic last week)

Do any of those other bands being named after a song by another band have their records issued on a label that shares the name of the original band (Creation)

Damn that is a confusing sentence 

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

Do any of those other bands being named after a song by another band have their records issued on a label that shares the name of the original band (Creation)

Damn that is a confusing sentence 

:mrgreen: I'm not saying no but I think it would be MUCH rarer

The Creation were my first niche band! Absolutely bloody loved them, but they put me so far ahead of the curve I was the only person that could see I was a genius!

They have a song called Painter Man and a few publicity shots of themselves in white trousers. So back in, I guess, about 1979 ish? I found this pair of skin tight white cotton flares. Just about everyone had converted to skinnies and drainpipes by '79. We had an awful shitty little band that I was in (my bass actually wasn't it was a re strung cheapo lead guitar - and sounded like it). 

Anyway, we had a version of Biff Bang Pow that was mashed up / intertwined with the song MacArthur Park. I rocked up in my new white flares thinking I looked like a super cool ironic painter man. Everyone else basically banned them and slaughtered me. I couldn't be in the band with flares on. I was devastated.

Anyway, as you were...

• Like 1

Went in to town to pick up that Les Big Byrd but got distracted.

Recognised a guy that was struggling with his bike helmet, mentioned it in conversation in the shop and Ash pointed out he had a very new CD out! So I bought that instead and stuck LBB on my list.

Mark Roberts, one of those background guys that's credited in lots of things I like, from Catatonia, Peth, Messrs, Y Cyrff and has even done a bit of producing for Llwybr Llaethog.

Hope he's sorted his hat out now. I think he actually had the same coat on!

31778242608_d890b673c9.jpg

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Went in to town to pick up that Les Big Byrd but got distracted.

Recognised a guy that was struggling with his bike helmet, mentioned it in conversation in the shop and Ash pointed out he had a very new CD out! So I bought that instead and stuck LBB on my list.

Mark Roberts, one of those background guys that's credited in lots of things I like, from Catatonia, Peth, Messrs, Y Cyrff and has even done a bit of producing for Llwybr Llaethog.

Hope he's sorted his hat out now. I think he actually had the same coat on!

31778242608_d890b673c9.jpg

How long did that take to record?

• Haha 1

Â