What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

57 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Although I've really liked some of the stuff Sylvian has done on his own (Gone to Earth, Dead Bees on a Cake), I still think he was at his best with Japan when he was working with Mick Karn and Steve Jansen.  Some of his atmospheric and  more "artistic" stuff like this leave me longing for the times when he was looking to make music rather than art.

By most accounts, Czukay was responsible for most of this, he put it together whilst Sylvian was pissing about in the studio. The direction here isn't Sylvian's

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Although I've really liked some of the stuff Sylvian has done on his own (Gone to Earth, Dead Bees on a Cake), I still think he was at his best with Japan when he was working with Mick Karn and Steve Jansen.  Some of his atmospheric and  more "artistic" stuff like this leave me longing for the times when he was looking to make music rather than art.

Rain Tree Crow is arguably better than anything else he’s been involved with, IMO. Like Gone to Earth’s first three tracks, but a whole albums worth of goodness. It’s brilliant.

• Like 1

0UgmbfF.jpg

Pre ordered this for the wife about three months ago, price was £12.78. I expected a single LP. In fact it's a double that plays at 45rpm.

Final price was £12.75...and they are now knocking it out at £26. Obviously pays to get in early ;)

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

0UgmbfF.jpg

Pre ordered this for the wife about three months ago, price was £12.78. I expected a single LP. In fact it's a double that plays at 45rpm.

Final price was £12.75...and they are now knocking it out at £26. Obviously pays to get in early ;)

Uncomfortable is a cracking tune

• Thanks 1

6 for a fiver in a little shop in Weymouth - and 2 of them are double albums!!!

44377806944_f3f0a19a0e.jpg

45100372501_a22f26effe.jpg

dross really, I bought so I could have a chat with the shop owner and hide from a meeting, two of them don't appear to have ever been used as hockey pucks

• Like 1

I used to have a load of those Sound Effects albums. Some I inherited (stole) from my Dad who had them for his Cine Film making many moons ago and some I bought myself. Use to use them for DJing, adding bits over tracks etc

• Like 1

yeah, had a couple in the past but they got liberated by my brother I reckon

got that one purely for the cover art, obvs

but hey, if we ever do do another VT mixtape, be prepared for 'door knocker' and 'horse drawn carriage on busy street'.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

yeah, had a couple in the past but they got liberated by my brother I reckon

got that one purely for the cover art, obvs

but hey, if we ever do do another VT mixtape, be prepared for 'door knocker' and 'horse drawn carriage on busy street'.

I definitely had a Horror one, got used without fail every Halloween event

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Jarg Armarni :D

Love the line in 'I went to a wedding' which goes 'so you're Brad Friedel - I'm mildly impressed' ?

It's a terrific EP throughout to be fair.

• Like 1

Â