What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

R-372077-1331200544.jpeg.jpg

Another 2nd hand purchase from today

My favourite Buzzcocks album, which is controversial as by most of the bands fans its considered the worst. It sees them breaking out of the three-minute pop song cycle and writing some tunes that have a bit more substance sonically. This is an album that flows and this is a proper album with a theme. Punk wasn't ready for this album from this band. FIle under Post-punk not punk. I think of it more alongside their former bandmate Howard Devoto's Magazine's output than I do with all that early punk stuff

Oh and if you want the template for everything Franz Ferdinand do, the title track tucked away towards the end of side 2 is their text book

Then there's I Believe which has always been a masterpiece and its right at the end. This album isn't what you think it'll be

R-616914-1322771220.jpeg.jpg

Another album from way back (1981), My copy is an original pressing (very dark green cover not black and the 4AD address is printed on the inner sleeve). An album I've forgotten about and rediscovered a number of times in my life but every time I return I wonder why it took so long. My copy is in amazing condition too, not sure how its survived in such great nick all these years

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

@bickster it seems you’ve only recently started playing vinyl again. Was it just locked away and forgotten  about? 

Hmm no, I've had a Record player again for at least 7 years now. There was a period where I didn't have one but the records were always here, still in their crates from my Djing days. Now they're all in shelves but in a kind of random unsorted order. I'm slowly but surely going through them in a haphazard way I prefer this never ending project approach because I keep surprising myself with what I discover. Currently playing this

R-385865-1129507210.jpeg.jpg

You should give it a go Ruge, you might like this one. Brum connection here as it was released on Brum label Chapter 22 (sha fans, unfortunately)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not bad, that ain’t bicks.Love the riff going on there. Small Heath may have Loop, but Aston has Black Sabbath ?

No the band arent sha, just the people who owned the label. The band are from Croyden or some armpit like that outside that there London

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:25, bickster said:

No the band arent sha, just the people who owned the label. The band are from Croyden or some armpit like that outside that there London

I believe Loop were / are big mates with Brummie band, Godflesh. I saw then do a show together at the Cockpit, in Leeds a couple of years back, and I think they regularly toured together back in the day.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Great stuff. They do some great looking vinyl, and that bird ain’t too shabby either ?. That’s their new album. Dig deeper, and it gets even better. 

Is that her clunge on the inner sleeve?

Be better if she got the ladyshave round it ;)

17 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Actually listening to an Oasis album, enjoying a few beers with The Masterplan on. Their B-sides are just as good as the stuff they released. Listen Up what's the time said to day I'm gonna speak my mind.

I’ve been singing along in my head to that song for weeks. 

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Bought this a couple of months ago. More of a late night thing but I'm kicking back to its ambient brilliance now because it suits

35DCC7C5-0260-46AA-A553-BEF8A45C8F67.jpeg

Although I've really liked some of the stuff Sylvian has done on his own (Gone to Earth, Dead Bees on a Cake), I still think he was at his best with Japan when he was working with Mick Karn and Steve Jansen.  Some of his atmospheric and  more "artistic" stuff like this leave me longing for the times when he was looking to make music rather than art.

Â