What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

15 hours ago, theboyangel said:

@bickster how’s the new Parquet Courts album??

must get hold of a copy - cracking band. 

It's quite a varied album and I mean that in a good way, I didn't quite expect it to run through so many changes to the musical style. For me its currently a 6.5 /10 but that may rise as I've only played it a couple of times all the way through, I wouldn't expect that to go down either

• Thanks 1

The new Arctic Monkeys album is ace and is an amazing direction for them to go in. I've been a big monkeys fan ever since their first demo releases, and I think their worst album is by far AM. It was their first album that didn't relate to me at the stage of my life I was in, it was very American and "sell out", honestly,  I thought the whole thing was complete cobblers other than " Do I wanna know".

A lot of people who loved the AM album will hate this new one, but I think most people who have grew up with them album by album will really appreciate the new style and direction. We're all getting old now, time to chill a bit :D

27 minutes ago, choffer said:

I was going to post some of my new acquisitions but it looks like @bickster has beaten me to it. 4 of your 6 have been on rotation in the house / car in the last few days. 

Courtney Barnett

HMHB

Parquet Courts

and Jon Hopkins

Is my guess?

so, the story goes that a few hot summers saw reggae take over from ska as it was just too hot n sweaty to dance in ska time

must have been pretty warm by '74 and Enter The Upsetter...

28390086558_fe018f062a.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bickster said:

I found that chords album in the archive the other day

One of the crowning glories of my little gang was to get access to the 8 track on the Island funfair PA system.

Just before the bank holiday we managed to get The Chords, Secret Affair and The Purple Hearts on the tape. So our bank holiday dicking about was accompanied everywhere by booming music, people just on the prom singing along to 'millions like us' or 'time for action'.

Felt like such a massive victory at the time, as well as being soooo bloody funny AND people knew it was us and we were greeted like heroes in the club at night (The Fantasia Club, known locally as 'the fanny')

• Haha 1

Â