What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Suck-It-And-See-by-Arctic-Monkeys-350x350.jpg

slow burner to say the least IMO but there are some great songs and lyrics on there

biffyclyrocover300.jpg

i dont know if its because the recording technique is getting better or if his voice really is that good (i cant remember from when i saw them 3/4 years back) but its probably the cleanest live album ive ever heard

What_Did_You_Expect_From_The_Vaccines-300x300.jpg

cant get into it at all

FOALS-TLF-PACKSHOT-FINAL-TY.jpg

never leaves my car, my next door neighbour had some loud music on last night while i was watching tv, i went from rocket polisher to hang on i know this one to singing blue blood in the space of 30 seconds

Total Life Forever was my album of 2010, not a bad song on it, not even a good song on it, they are all exceptional.

Suck It And See I've learnt to love. It's very different from the other AM albums and I thought I'd hate it, especially as lyrically it's weak (well, not weak, but they haven't struck a cord with me as they are either very personal or just verses that fit together by rhyme) by Turner's incredibly high standards. There are a few brilliant tracks on there though (i.e. Hellcat Spangled, That's Where You're Wrong).

Don't really like The Vaccines, horrendously unoriginal, a little catchy admittedly.

Loving Biffy Clyro's Live at Wembley at the moment. Only really got into them properly when they released Puzzle. Can't believe I missed out on all those other albums previously.

Woods - At Echo Lake. Really digging this at the moment, sounds like a bit like Pavement doing Alt Country Rock. I may go pick up their new record (Sun And Shade) this afternoon.

at-echo-lake.jpg

The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar

They are something else live. Glad I knew about them before the drongos who were there the last time I saw them did. In front of about 150 people at the Sugar Mill, **** ace.

Read a review somewhere on it and it had a great line that was something like "If you try and listen to this album half-heartedly, it'll rip your head off and shit down your neck"

Whirring - described by Dave Grohl as "song of the year"

They are something else live. Glad I knew about them before the drongos who were there the last time I saw them did. In front of about 150 people at the Sugar Mill, **** ace.

Read a review somewhere on it and it had a great line that was something like "If you try and listen to this album half-heartedly, it'll rip your head off and shit down your neck"

Mmm Ritzy. :thumb:

Mmm Ritzy. :thumb:

I'm fairly certain I'm in love with her. Met them all after a few gigs, really nice bunch. She will be my queen one day!!

Â