What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

There are a few camps when it comes to this record, or indeed this artist. Lots dislike it, some may dislike it as familiarity breeds contempt. I love it. Thinks its a masterpiece. 

This goes against all them people saying we are all obscurist musos. 

F6AF4D00-0ABD-4E8B-91C0-F22C604B4D84.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There are a few camps when it comes to this record, or indeed this artist. Lots dislike it, some may dislike it as familiarity breeds contempt. I love it. Thinks its a masterpiece. 

This goes against all them people saying we are all obscurist musos. 

F6AF4D00-0ABD-4E8B-91C0-F22C604B4D84.jpeg

gi8cxGM.jpg250px-White_Fiat_Ducato_Campervan_2006.j

• Haha 2

IMG_2354.jpeg

Lucy Dacus, Home Video. Another Vinyl with no download code, so having to dob it on to the computer to put it on my iPod.

Another really good Album, though, after the excellent... 

Oh dear, accidental record shopping... shit happens

Serge Gainsbourg & Jean-CLaude Vannier - Soundtrack to Les Chemins du Katmandou

60s Psyche / Asian influenced soundtrack that was originally thought lost forever

R-11800996-1522611625-3531.jpeg.jpg

There may be a wee bit of John Dwyer in todays purchases.

John Dwyer, Ryan Sawyer, Peter Kerlin, Brad Caulkins, Kyp Malone, Tom Dolas, Marcos Rodriguez, Andres Renteria, Ben Boye, Laena Myers-Ionita And Joce Soubrian - Moon-Drenched

If Thee Oh Sees did freeform jazz jams...

Essentially Dwyer and chums (inc Bent Arcana) noodle away aimlessly. Great for background music to do other stuff to

R-18964654-1622498537-3900.jpeg.jpg

Sometimes, just sometimes, you can find an album in HMV that doesn't make you go HOW F***ING MUCH! Today was one of those days

This was £16.99 for a double album (Gold Vinyl)

A career spanning retrospective of Barry Adamson, the former bass player in Magazine and The Bad Seeds. All solo material apart from one from each of the aforementioned and one calaboration with Jarvis Cocker

R-12719401-1540665078-7332.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Another from the backlist I'm catching up on

John Dwyer related as he owns the label (Castleface) and Dawson was in the OCS line-up of Thee Oh Sees

Nothing like TOS though, folky and slightly jazzy.

Bridgid Dawson and the Mothers Network - Ballet of Apes

Quite lovely, I've been looking for a copy for a while

R-15487603-1592345061-1809.jpeg.jpg

Bah, need a new stylus, I suspected it was on the way out yesterday. Today confirms it. I have new records to play..... Grrrrrrr

We used to have a Hi-Fi shop nearby, I could just walk in and buy one over the counter, now its search a number of websites. The one I usually trust was out of stock, another I use didn't sell it, so its off to random websites and hope they are trustworthy.

Â