What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

12 hours ago, Pelle said:

Was told this weekend to try to listen to 3 new albums a week to see that there is still good music coming out. Well, maybe I wasn't really told to do this, but I thought I'd give it a try. Starting today with this:

image.png.ba5def1e8399d38d44269ab24f074861.png

Have hardly stopped listening to it since it came out. Fantastic album. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Mark-Lanegan-and-Duke-Garwood-With-Anima

New Mark Lanegan & Duke Garwood album out today titled "With Animals"

Looking forward to getting through this album. 

A couple appeared on my Spoty New releases playlist this morning, initial impression based on those two tracks and listened to once is good

Just now, bickster said:

A couple appeared on my Spoty New releases playlist this morning, initial impression based on those two tracks and listened to once is good

I'm on track 4 so far and it is good yeah.

But to be fair, I could listen to Mark Lanegan read a dictionary :D 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Have hardly stopped listening to it since it came out. Fantastic album. 

I made an embarrassing error, though. I had shuffle on so it skipped through all their albums. Is giving it another go now. Their music is decent, but I'm not really hooked. Yet.

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

I made an embarrassing error, though. I had shuffle on so it skipped through all their albums. Is giving it another go now. Their music is decent, but I'm not really hooked. Yet.

I didn’t get on as well with the first 2 albums personally as I have the last two. Don’t get me wrong, I like them and there are some great songs on them mind but for me I prefer their more catchy and dare I say it, mainstream stuff from Meliora and Prequelle. 

As a massive queen fan I’d probably say skip straight to Prequelle as it’s Tobias being more of a flat out showman imo and it shows in the music. But definitely give Meliora a listen too and make sure it’s the deluxe version as the bonus tracks are exceptional (the cover of Bible in particular is imo Ghosts best song)

Edited by Ingram85

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can someone close the cupboard, they're escaping

Argghhh I know how that reads but I meant it like I was speaking to Pelle rather than describing myself ?. I’m not a fan of Queen. Repeat, not a fan of queen.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

51mzFMYeMoL.jpg

is that the version with two takes of 'I wouldn't leave my wooden wife for you, sugar'. I've got a sort of extended bonus version.

I think I got in to these guys indirectly via @Xann listened to some of his Bolivian flute noodling disco and this was next up on youtube.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

is that the version with two takes of 'I wouldn't leave my wooden wife for you, sugar'. I've got a sort of extended bonus version.

Yep, that's the one. 

• Like 1

Three day weekend, The missus and daughter are off down The Smoke tomorrow first thing (Daughters Birthday) and I'm having a cup of coffee listening to Brum's finest Post Punk band. An album that will probably always feature in my all favourite album list. I think I've bought this album 4 times in total

The Au Pairs - Playing with a Different Sex. I've even grown to tolerate the album version of It's Obvious over time though I still wish they left it off the album and kept it as it was, a perfect spiky angular post-punk single. Currently playing the re-issued vinyl without the closed groove (a disappointment that it wasn't on the reissue.) I remember rushing from school into town to buy this the day it came out. The cover on the YT video is from the original CD reissue - it's effing awful and annoying

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Why did no one give her a chair?

That was very much her choice.

That central bulk of record display is on castors and ordinarily at one of these it's wheeled to the side of the shop. Yesterday, it was kept as a central island with people the other side of it. She had her own kit including tiny chair and mic stand you can't even see in that photo.

Not the most confident performer ever, no chat, no eye contact. The relief was visible when she finished, like she'd just finished an exam.

Bloody brilliant though, and got more relaxed and chatty later when the crowd thinned out. 

One of those people where you're staring at the guitar or banjo or whatever she was playing for any particular piece (that she had written herself) and thinking, how's she getting all those sounds out of that?

I just played sides A and B of this, then had a cursory look on Discogs, I have this on Orange Vinyl and sod knows why it's so valuable, I bought it ages after its release and it's only 4 or 5 years old, currently selling in the range £200 - £400. It's not even the original release, it's actually 2 different albums repackaged into one

• Like 1

There is plenty of new, and new ish music I like. I just don't feel the need to play it much, because, I just prefer the old stuff. Call it nostalgia, but, I  just think it's much better. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â