What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Shit or bust time for Steven Wilson with me. 

I've been buying his albums ever since Porcupine Tree, and finding each one more 'meh' than the one before. All ready to part company with him, but I guess I should give it a listen first. 

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've been buying his albums ever since Porcupine Tree, and finding each one more 'meh' than the one before. All ready to part company with him, but I guess I should give it a listen first. 

Part company away then.

50 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Really? I thought Hand.Cannot.Erase had some of his best work to date (Happy Returns is a stunning song). I'd definitely give this one a go though, it's quite different to the rest of his solo stuff.

On 15/08/2017 at 00:20, theboyangel said:

Will look out for this - Attack of the grey lantern was one of my go to albums in the 90s

Well give this a try then old bean.......

• Thanks 1

gojira-magma.jpg

Magma by Gojira

Been spinning the disc ever since it released in the middle of 2016 and here I am spinning it again. This record isn't to the taste of some Gojira fans as they wanted more of what Gojira are known for which is pummelling heavy riffs, crazy time signatures and visceral growled vocals. On 'Magma' they get less of that, but this album isn't soft by any stretch of the imagination this is not a record vying for radio time. This is a band spreading their wings and experimenting with soundscapes and adding a dream like sound to the mix. This record still has everything that makes Gojira sound like Gojira, but they have tweaked the formula a bit and I love it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

gojira-magma.jpg

Magma by Gojira

Been spinning the disc ever since it released in the middle of 2016 and here I am spinning it again. This record isn't to the taste of some Gojira fans as they wanted more of what Gojira are known for which is pummelling heavy riffs, crazy time signatures and visceral growled vocals. On 'Magma' they get less of that, but this album isn't soft by any stretch of the imagination this is not a record vying for radio time. This is a band spreading their wings and experimenting with soundscapes and adding a dream like sound to the mix. This record still has everything that makes Gojira sound like Gojira, but they have tweaked the formula a bit and I love it. 

Not familiar with Gojira - thought at first it was a new album by Magma. :)

Â