• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Randy is up against a wall here. Why does it fill me with dread whenever I hear 'we will take our time' - nothing good ever happens after such a statement.

Time to show what youre made of Randy.

For all you moyes hopefuls - his silence is due to him being on holiday. But Alan Irvine (one of the everton coaches) has again stated Moyes is happy where he is.

You mean like with Bent?

This site is going so slow and the new manager hasn't even been announced. If we did get Ancelotti or someone of that ilk this place will be inaccessible for days.

Perhaps if a few more people donated towards the sites upkeep, it wouldn't be so slow.

I was chatting to a Sun reporter earlier and I asked him who the new manager would be...and he just said buy tomorrow's Sun...so I think there's some news shortly!

Or he knows nothing and just wanted you to buy The Sun?

In other news, Martin O'Neill is at 20/1 with Skybet.....

Can I just make everyone aware what SSN are saying is true. They are very much the daddy these days and have brushed up their act. They are sometimes late with info but their info is solid akin to the BBC for news. You should have no reason to doubt this is true.

I don't give a toss about some numpty talksport presenter or some amateur brummie local journo.

Is this sarcasm? Sky are not as accurate as the BBC at all. They have also said that Villa made a preliminary enquiry about Benitez and are making everyone believe it means he is definitely going to take charge.

That's not their fault! What they are reporting re: preliminary enquiry is true!

The latest development is classic Sky reporting. They may not tell you we are getting Benitez but they hint strongly that it will happen, then they have to backtrack when they get it wrong. I maintain they are no way near as accurate as the BBC. I am a sports journalist and spend far too much of my time noticing these things!

Why not Van Gaal or Rijkaard. I don't get this 'Premier League experience' rubbish, that leaves us with a load of crap uninspiring options.

I agree villaajax. Lerner made a move in the right direction when he appointed Houllier to replace MON.

Sadly for Houllier his health and age amongst other things worked against him.

MON's pathway was a dead end. The logical thing for Lerner and Faulkner is to continue what Houllier started and who really would be better than some one like Rijkaard?

Rijkaard can be counted as one of the "originals" a generation removed, when it comes to Total Football. He continued the revitalisation of Barcelona with Cruyff and the grooming of their Academy and won a couple of pieces of useful silverware in the process.

This concept of 'premier league experience" only when it comes to appointing a new manager will only serve to keep Villa where they have been for too many years, occasionally bubbling on the edge of modest success.

If Villa is to rise above it's perennial shortcomings, only an appointment like Rijkaard or Ancellotti will show a desire to be better than we have been recently.

That said, an appointment like Martinez would not be a disaster as some seem to think. Martinez has a football philosophy which might be described as a hybrid of Total Football and has IMHO done well at Wigan with very limited resources.

How many of us VTers kept an eye on what Maclaren was doing at FC Twente before he left to the Bundesliga ? My Ajax and FC Twente friends actually rate him very highly. Not to worry though, I am sure the relentless onslaught from a select minority to the General and Randy have discouraged their pursuit in that direction.

The real problem for Aston Villa is that the extreme ignorance of "some" of the fans and their pernicious invective against certain candidates only serves to deter the better candidates from being considered.

The best course for Aston Villa is to let the Board find the right man for the job and for us fans to wait patiently while that decision gets made.

Luckily for my preferred choice, Rijkaard is well used to dealing with rabid fans for possibly none are as fierce as the Catalans, except perhaps for Villains!

I was chatting to a Sun reporter earlier and I asked him who the new manager would be...and he just said buy tomorrow's Sun...so I think there's some news shortly!

Or he knows nothing and just wanted you to buy The Sun?

In other news, Martin O'Neill is at 20/1 with Skybet.....

I was about to say similar. Theres a journo from the sun and the times on twitter who both seem confident they know who it's going to be...

Why not Van Gaal or Rijkaard. I don't get this 'Premier League experience' rubbish, that leaves us with a load of crap uninspiring options.

Van Gaal would be a dream but a no to Rijkaard.

I agree with the "Premier League experience" thing though.

We did approach Rafa. Fahct.

Can someone sort the forum out btw?

Wheres the proof? and by the way SSN is not proof.

Strongly agree! If the newspapers quoted "a source" we wouldn't believe it so why should we believe it when it's on the telly. Especially when it's a channel owned by a newspaper magnate with a subscription based audience.

Yes they give the impression that he's going to to be given the job with the hype etc but that's to get people watching. If you look at the facts though they say we sounded him, we talked initially then we decided not to take it any further atm. Even MM said we'd have been mad NOT to speak to him.

Why don't people want to believe this?