• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Side issue.... rumour Arteta is off to Valencia
not a bad thing for us... moyes wont be happy to see his star player going...could edge him towards a move from the toffees to villa park

Hmm, I can just see Moyes' thought process:

"Sod this, I'm going to Villa; I'm sick of managing a club that sells it's best play... shit".

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we want Premier League experience... even if he relegated a club twice? Just because he has experience in losing.. doesnt mean hes qualified. Go get riijkard randy

Hughes was supposedly out of the runing because he resigned so surely that makes it unlikely McCleish will be approached after doing the same thing.

It makes no sense.

I don't buy the hughes loyalty theory.

IMO - whoever our manager is will have to work with\for Faulkner. I am not sure Faulkner would be able to easily impose his will on Mark Hughes - thats why we went for Martinez

Smetrov - have you ever met Paul Faulkner or are you just spouting the usual shit?

Everton fan in peace here!

Thought i'd just pass on the lowdown with Moyes. Most likely you'll have heard the comments from Phil McNulty about Moyes, these appear to have been given to Phil from our PR pesron.

A few people have said "Why hasnt there been a denial from Moyes?" Well there has. He spoke at the end of last season, and also a few weeks ago that he was not interested in the job, Alan Irivne also came out last week after speaking to Moyes and again confirmed he wasn't interested in the job. I honeslty dont know how many more times he has to distance himself from the position. It seems uninformed press and "ITK's" keep pushing the agenda when nothing is there, it's unfair on both sets of fans and hoepfully should be put to bed now.

No disrespect intended at all but I personally don't see Moyes to Villa being a logical step-up in his career. I've always viewed us and Villa as being in a very similair boat. Both teams with a rich heritage, strong fan bases but both looked down upon by wider media. A move to Villa would be a sideways step as we're both trapped under the glass ceiling of the champions league. A shame really.

Just tought i'd throw in thse few little bits and hopefully clear a couple of things. Hope the job hunt yields something for you and i'll pray alongside you that mcLeish doesn't get the job. i'd hang myself. Brum played the worst football in the PL for the last two years. Dire dire dire dire stuff and you deserve better than that hoof merchant.

Good post and i tend to agree, i too don't think there is any mileage in Moyes coming to us, for a slightly different reason.

I don't think Moyes has done anything special for Everton, for us to be falling over ourselves to get him.....We are similar clubs in status and on the basis of what Moyes has done we will have 9 years of much the same.

However,I think Moyes and Villa would be a match well suited and I think Everton as a club need a Fresh Face.....someone like Owen Coyle, maybe a good move all round, or even Owen Coyle to us...... but i think we all need freshening up.

I'm not being disrespectful to him or Everton, but I think 9 years doing what he has done is time up and time for a fresh challenge......He is not going to get one of the really big jobs, in the same vein as Martin O'Neill hasn't, because they havn't proved to be quite good enough.

albeit, both decent managers.

I don't know who we will end up with, but I'm sure it won't be anyone who will set the heart strings racing.....It will be oh well, off we go again.

Coyle to Everton is something i'd certainly be interested in. Though i'd like to see how he progresses, alot has been said about Coyle getting Bolton playing attractive football (which they did for three games in January) but on the whole their culture of thuggish and longball football remains.

Personally I think for Everton Grant Holt is a logical manager to look at next.

I fully agree with the comment on not understanding why Villa would be falling over themselves to get Moyes. If the club wants to progress then I dont see Moyes being that man. if the club wants to consolidate itself then i think there is no better man for you. However I would imagine that consolidation isn't really what you're looking for.

Alot of people have said that Moyes wont get one of the top jobs in the country at the moment, which i agree with. For my money Moyes should, and i think will, go to Germany next. test himself there then come bac to manage an English CL club.

Good posts mate. Whilst I do think Moyes is a good manager, I don't think the villa job is different enough for him to break a 9 year association with Everton.

Interested in your view as an outsider though, who would you think would be a good appointment for villa. We can't seem to agree here!

not a bad thing for us... moyes wont be happy to see his star player going...could edge him towards a move from the toffees to villa park

"Sod this, I'm going to Villa; I'm sick of managing a club that sells it's best play... shit".

Every single one of our "best players" that has left has gone to a club prepared to pay them shitloads more. We can't stop that. Everton sell players to keep going, thats why Baines will be off to Arsenal this summer, he has plenty of contract left does Baines and he hasn't asked for a move but the club need him to go.

There's a huge difference there, Yes we both keep losing players, but for entirely different reasons

Hughes was supposedly out of the runing because he resigned so surely that makes it unlikely McCleish will be approached after doing the same thing.

It makes no sense.

IMO - whoever our manager is will have to work with\for Faulkner. I am not sure Faulkner would be able to easily impose his will on Mark Hughes - thats why we went for Martinez

Smetrov - have you ever met Paul Faulkner or are you just spouting the usual shit?

Like I said IMO

No I haven't met Faulkner - but the date of his appointment (Last MAY) coincides with our decline.

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

Thought i'd just pass on the lowdown with Moyes. Most likely you'll have heard the comments from Phil McNulty about Moyes, these appear to have been given to Phil from our PR pesron.

A few people have said "Why hasnt there been a denial from Moyes?" Well there has. He spoke at the end of last season, and also a few weeks ago that he was not interested in the job, Alan Irivne also came out last week after speaking to Moyes and again confirmed he wasn't interested in the job. I honeslty dont know how many more times he has to distance himself from the position. It seems uninformed press and "ITK's" keep pushing the agenda when nothing is there, it's unfair on both sets of fans and hoepfully should be put to bed now.

No disrespect intended at all but I personally don't see Moyes to Villa being a logical step-up in his career. I've always viewed us and Villa as being in a very similair boat. Both teams with a rich heritage, strong fan bases but both looked down upon by wider media. A move to Villa would be a sideways step as we're both trapped under the glass ceiling of the champions league. A shame really.

Just tought i'd throw in thse few little bits and hopefully clear a couple of things. Hope the job hunt yields something for you and i'll pray alongside you that mcLeish doesn't get the job. i'd hang myself. Brum played the worst football in the PL for the last two years. Dire dire dire dire stuff and you deserve better than that hoof merchant.

Good post and i tend to agree, i too don't think there is any mileage in Moyes coming to us, for a slightly different reason.

I don't think Moyes has done anything special for Everton, for us to be falling over ourselves to get him.....We are similar clubs in status and on the basis of what Moyes has done we will have 9 years of much the same.

I think Moyes and Villa will be a match well suited and I think Everton as a club need a Fresh Face.....someone like Owen Coyle, maybe a good move all round, or even Owen Coyle to us...... but i think we all need freshening up.

I'm not being disrespectful to him or Everton, but I think 9 years doing what he has done is time up and time for a fresh challenge......He is not going to get one of the really big jobs, in the same vein as Martin O'Neill hasn't, because they havn't proved to be quite good enough.

I don't know who we will end up with, but I'm sure it won't be anyone who will set the heart strings racing.....It will be oh well, off we go again.

Wow! I think you made your point with 4 posts :D

sorry, ain't the best with IT.

if Rijkaard is actually interested it's a no brainer! I'm having trouble believing the one report I have read about Rijkaard being interested in coming! But if he is interested I'd pick him over anyone..even Moyes

I think Moyes and Villa will be a match well suited and I think Everton as a club need a Fresh Face.....someone like Owen Coyle, maybe a good move all round, or even Owen Coyle to us...... but i think we all need freshening up.

However,I think Moyes and Villa would be a match well suited and I think Everton as a club need a Fresh Face.....someone like Owen Coyle, maybe a good move all round, or even Owen Coyle to us...... but i think we all need freshening up.

Coyle to Everton is something i'd certainly be interested in. Though i'd like to see how he progresses, alot has been said about Coyle getting Bolton playing attractive football (which they did for three games in January) but on the whole their culture of thuggish and longball football remains.

I fully agree with the comment on not understanding why Villa would be falling over themselves to get Moyes. If the club wants to progress then I dont see Moyes being that man. if the club wants to consolidate itself then i think there is no better man for you. However I would imagine that consolidation isn't really what you're looking for.

Alot of people have said that Moyes wont get one of the top jobs in the country at the moment, which i agree with. For my money Moyes should, and i think will, go to Germany next. test himself there then come bac to manage an English CL club.

Good posts mate. Whilst I do think Moyes is a good manager, I don't think the villa job is different enough for him to break a 9 year association with Everton.

Interested in your view as an outsider though, who would you think would be a good appointment for villa. We can't seem to agree here!

It's a difficult one. I've never been a fan of Hughes and think that he'd be a step backwards for you, McLeish is... i don't even need to explain that one actually. Hughton isn't good enough for you.

If Rjkaard (sp) was interested then he could be good. I think that he is flawed as a manager but the risk that his ability might not match the ambition of the club, though a man like him will bring a level of kudos to the club and could help to bring in some good names. He has his flaws, as does everyone, but I think that his name alone will bring interest and that would be a good thing. He's an ideas man, which is vital for longevity.

It makes no sense.

Like I said IMO

No I haven't met Faulkner - but the date of his appointment (Last MAY) coincides with our decline.

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

Our decline??? What do you think this is the Roman empire???

and

How on earth can you form an opinion of character when you haven't met him????

It's a difficult one. I've never been a fan of Hughes and think that he'd be a step backwards for you, McLeish is... i don't even need to explain that one actually. Hughton isn't good enough for you.

If Rjkaard (sp) was interested then he could be good. I think that he is flawed as a manager but the risk that his ability might not match the ambition of the club should be outweighed by the sway his name alone holds. A man like him will bring a level of kudos to the club and could help to bring in some good names. Some might say that Houillier too had the name that could have helped bring additionally kudos but for me that was flawed from the start as, for me, Houillier is best as a DoF and this is a position that sadly doesnt work in England. Rjkaard has his flaws, as does everyone, but I think that his name alone will bring interest and that would be a good thing. He's an ideas man, which is vital for longevity.

Please NO! As a lifelong Villa fan I would urge the Board NOT to employ Alex McLeish as Villa manager because the club will be going backwards and you'll have a fan backlash like you've never seen before.

haha well said! despite ashley young being gone we'll still have two very good wingers in downing and albrighton and an extra £20 million!

It makes no sense.

Like I said IMO

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

Paul Faulkner is a clueless buffoon

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO