• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JamesDoddTS James Dodd

Very Interesting news 'potentially' coming out for #Villa fans tomorrow. You could be a very happy bunch if you like Ginger Scots...#AVFC

That would point to Moyes... But im not sure about him. I don't think he can take us to the CL. Maybe a top 7-6 but that's about it. Don't think he has the player pull or winning mentality. I would be behind him 100% don't get me wrong but i'm stll hoping for better... Van Gal/Rijkaard... Might just be a pipe dream but got to at least try.

I'm starting to lean towards it being more likely to be a non-PL candidate, e.g. Rijkaard, Flores. As we've seen with Wigan, if you contact PL clubs, it most likely gets leaked. We may well have made early stage enquiries for Moyes or Coyle, but I don't see either of them happening. I think it'd be in public sphere by now if we'd been allowed to talk to one of them, as you'd assume we contacted them same time as Wigan for Martinez. That would leave either a free agent (i.e. McClaren, Hughes) or someone from further afield.

I think it slipped under radar, but seemingly someone linked to the board was posting on Heroes&Villains earlier. He wasn't saying much but someone asked if Premier League experience was an absolute requirement in manager search and the answer was "Not this time around, as far as I know". Reliability of source? Seemed like he was known on that message board and had posted there before.

His answer wasn't definitive but it did suggest the possibility we are searching wider this time. This would also tally with media knowing nothing about who we after & just jumping on whatever half-rumour they can find.

All very tenuous stuff, I know!

I posted pages back that the same guy the General's son, said Low, Van Gaal and Ancelotti were not interested.

Read that post again. He makes clear the names listed are purely hypothetical: "a Low" or "an Ancelotti".

"Interestingly, it takes two to tango, so what if certain individuals are identified but do not wish to come. Is that a lack of ambition on Villa's part? Let's say, hypothetically (seriously), a Low or an Ancelotti or a van Gaal is approached and he says, "No thanks." Does that mean that Randy is not ambitious or does it mean that a manager has his own agenda or reasons for not accepting the offer?"

I dont think Lerner has much choice but to go for a continental manager without Prem experience. If Moyes stays put then we're down to what??

I would have hoped van Gaal would have been approached anyway and Rijkaard has reportedly made his availability known to Villa. Neither will come cheap and will want a substantial warchest otherwise I'd suspect they may say its not worth it.

The money thing is beginning to worry me with the NFL lockout posing a massive burden on Lerner's finances.

I wish Randy would just sell the Browns, it's pretty obvious that he prefers his fix of footy over the NFL.

There is also another guy who works for talksport called Villamatt Broadcast manager or something and he's tweeted about that producer's quote about the ginger scot.

VillaMatt Matt Smith talkSPORT

See some of my colleagues tweeting #avfc news before me, I'm not yet prepared to go out on a limb but source is good.

http://twitter.com/#!/villamatt