• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

If all these secret meetings in Corsica have been true, then it is quite obvious that regardless of what people think; he has already been interviewed for the job. All this talk of him being interviewed in London I find amusing....they are probably just meeting up to celebrate!!

I very much doubt whether Alex McLeish has ever been to Corsica in his life.

I heard that he doesn't even own a passport. :?

PMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pre-empting a bit here but - remember when MON got the Villa job and he turned up at either VP or BH to the reception of a thousand joyfull fans!!

Now, if Mcleish gets the job, well.... :shock:

It's important to remember what we are angry about - I could care less that AM is ex-SHA, my concern is that he is not good enough

I have been a big supporter of RL in up to this point but if McLeish comes in then I would like Randy to come out and state his ambitions (or lack of) for the next five years

Pround History Bright Future was a five year plan which arguably has left us worse off at the end than we were are the start. Plans for a CL spot were scuppered by injections of money at Man City and now Liverpool and by Spurs unexpected resurgence. IF RANDY HAS DECIDED THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO COME OUT AND SAY SO

If we couldn't get Moyes I'd have preferred taking a gamble on someone like Poyet - I really think he couldn't be a worse appointment than McLEish and could be massively better

Sad times, with such lack of ambition no wonder all the kids support MU or Chelsea or Barcelona FFS

Proud History No Future

Oh I'm going to enjoy this one:

"Pround History Bright Future was a five year plan which arguably has left us worse off at the end than we were are the start."

Go on then. Argue it. How are we worse off than 5 years ago. Enlighten me.

Surely McLeish's motives should be questioned here...

Who in the right mind would take a job where well over 50% of your regular customers were against you taking the job...

And most people really are quite strongly against it...so much so that they were going to protest to your boss to stop you being appointed...

It sounds almost like someone desperate for a job, but AM wasn't, he had a job...

Madness...

AM is not a terrible manager but he is not good enough for Villa

What's the best we could hope for under McLeish - 7th? Whoopie!! What's the worst - Relegation he's got the track record. My realistic expectation would be 10th-12th.

Worst appointment since Billy McNeill IMO

Villa Till I Die (but do you have to make it so hard FFS)

B6bloke, think he made it up, however something will make me return my ST and that is if rumours are to be believed that he wants his own staff and wants rid of Cowans.

Plus just had a call of a mate claiming to be ITK, hung up at that point :lol:

If all these secret meetings in Corsica have been true, then it is quite obvious that regardless of what people think; he has already been interviewed for the job. All this talk of him being interviewed in London I find amusing....they are probably just meeting up to celebrate!!

He was in Corsica on holidays. It was all over the papers, before Randy went to Corsica.

I thought he was in Sardinia??

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Good man.

AVFC FOR LIFE

This

x2

x3 :lol:

x3 UTV

x4. Well I won't be at the home games, or the away games. I might be able to make a game next season but that's more based on my bank statement then who is manager.

I think we can all still agree that AM isn't the man for the job though. Like previously mentioned, it's not so much the SHA link, it's that he just isn't good enough for our club. He's good enough for SHA, but not anywhere close to AVFC.

To think we went from being linked with Ancelotti, Hughes and Moyes, to McClaren and McLeish, **** depressing.

Randy is either shooting himself in the foot, or he's gonna say SURPRISE, here's your new manager, Andre Villas-Boas!

Hey, I can dream can't I?!

My view:

I’m shocked they’re so blatantly ignoring the fans. AND paying so much to get what seems to be a poor quality appointment. However, Big Eck is respected in the game, never crossed us when at BC, and had his teams very solid. I don’t care that he comes from ‘them’, and I can see that the relegations were due to no investment. But I do worry about the current Villa board ignoring the fans completely and just doing what they want.

I actually think he’d do really well here. Our attack (if keeping Downing) should be fine, our defence was crap last season and players were taking the piss. Eck would bring them in line and sort the defence out, make us solid again, and we should be in the top half for most of next season.

Hopefully all the ‘fans’ will give him a chance though.

He was in Corsica on holidays. It was all over the papers, before Randy went to Corsica.

I thought he was in Sardinia??

Here we go again...

No, he was in 'Italy' on his holidays, which turned out to be Sardinia.

Mr Lerner's plane went to Corsica for a very short stop on Thursday last week, and it is clear that Mr Lerner was not on it.

Alex McLeish did not resign, and therefore become news, until Sunday.

So if AM's holiday destination was 'all over the papers' before he was actually news, why? He is not exactly Cheryl Cole, so I doubt whether anyone would have been interested.

One positive I guess is Randy knows he'll have to pull something out pretty big to try and get fans back on side...decent spending / marquee signing?

Shame the manager will only spunk it on some right load of gash.

Spink isn't blues GK coach, he was when Bruce was there...he follows fat head around
Not strictly true. I believe he actually orbits fistface's belly.

Oh I'm going to enjoy this one:

"Pround History Bright Future was a five year plan which arguably has left us worse off at the end than we were are the start."

Go on then. Argue it. How are we worse off than 5 years ago. Enlighten me.

Five years ago I had enormous optimism and a real faith in what we could achieve - I don't have any real hope for the next five years

Do you think we are any closer to a CL spot as we stand today? Managerless, our support in disarray and our best players leaving - hardly progress in my mind

Spink isn't blues GK coach, he was when Bruce was there...he follows fat head around

Sorry my mistake. I was trying to find some sort of positive in all this and when I thought I found one even that was wrong!