• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The fact that Randy considers his friendship with AlFayad more imprint than the concerns of fans and the sporting future of aston villa is disgusting

Stop talking rubbish.

There is enough going round without you just making stuff up again.

However, hard it is we have to support Aston Villa.

The club not any particular men ginger or not!

Why I dislike you so much is that you are an existing poster on here who started a new account and user name. Your ip remains the same though and a site admin can see that. Because of this I was advised that I should ignore your posts and constant baiting as you have a history on this forum which you are hiding from.

You're a gutless coward.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The swiftness and effectiveness of Fulhum, a smaller club than ours, in appointing a manager like Jol dismisses any tired excuses the board may come out with regarding the availability of managers and the lengthy process required to get them in.

Fulham had the benefit of having met, interviewed, discussed terms and offered the job to Jol last summer. So the swiftness and effectiveness you speak of is a little bit disingenuous.

In fact, you could say that Fulham got their man 12 months later than they wanted because of their incompetence at agreeing a deal with Ajax for his release.

Imagine the uproar on here if a similar situation arose with AVFC and, for example, David Moyes.

Uproar if David Moyes, who may have been first choice last summer, is appointed this summer, a year later? No, won't be an uproar.

Now imagine if Fulham had signed AM ( I know we haven't yet ) there would have been a lot of funny remarks about them from a lot of our fans.

That's not what I meant, and I think you know it..

I meant imagine the uproar if, in the full glare of the media, we approached David Moyes, agreed terms with him and were on the verge of appointing him only for Everton to say that they were not releasing him.

The swiftness and effectiveness of Fulhum, a smaller club than ours, in appointing a manager like Jol dismisses any tired excuses the board may come out with regarding the availability of managers and the lengthy process required to get them in.

Fulham had the benefit of having met, interviewed, discussed terms and offered the job to Jol last summer. So the swiftness and effectiveness you speak of is a little bit disingenuous.

In fact, you could say that Fulham got their man 12 months later than they wanted because of their incompetence at agreeing a deal with Ajax for his release.

Imagine the uproar on here if a similar situation arose with AVFC and, for example, David Moyes.

Agree.

But they obviously had that contingency in place knowing that there was a possibility that Hughes would quit. And in doing so, were able to replace him effectively within 7 days of him leaving craven cottage.

Villa were in a similar situation, knowing there was a distinct possibility that Houllier would leave, probably a greater probability than Hughes leaving, yet are still dithering.

I too find the graffiti atrocious.

However, that is what happens when you make absolutely headshaking decisions at top level.

Every fanbase have morons, and they show their capability in desperate hours...

No it isn't. Its what happens when some tosspot picks up a spray can.

Some prats decision to go and commit criminal damage is in no way related to the decisions taken by the board.

I'm going outside now to batter Randy's mother to death. This is what happens when you make absolutely headshaking decisions at top level.

FFS :bang:

Agree.

But they obviously had that contingency in place knowing that there was a possibility that Hughes would quit. They obviously had a plan lined up for the eventuality that Hughes would leave and were able to bring a new manager in within 7 days.

Villa were in a similar situation, knowing there was a distinct possibility that Houllier would leave, probably a greater probability than Hughes leaving, yet are still dithering.

I think the contingency that Fulham had was that they had Martin Jol's phone number and an idea of how much money he'd want.

The fact that Randy considers his friendship with AlFayad more imprint than the concerns of fans and the sporting future of aston villa is disgusting

IF the rumours about Hughes being discredited due to Lerner's relationship with Al Fayed are true, then I completely agree.

FFS Lerner, Hughes, Rafa & Rijkard would all take the job if they were offered the right terms, all out of work, and all gettable.

Yet you've gone and picked the scab from the mangled foot of our nearest rivals.

This is what's really winding me up, I'd have signed Jol in a heartbeat over any of the managers we've had linked to us.

What a piss take of a club we're turning out to be.

im not as bothered about the time frame, these things can take time and i dont want the club rushing into an appointment

my issue is with the fact that fulham have aimed for and got a manager better in quality than the ones we are going for. and like fulham there are also other clubs with less quality and financial muscle who are able to attract better managers than the 2 weve definitely been interested in. im thinking of WBA and Hodgson, Bolton and Coyle etc

there is no excuse for us looking at managers as poor as martinez and mcleish.

There needs to be a meeting between Villa and representatives of the fans who can put across in a sensible way our objections to McLeish. These banners and the graffiti are doing no good whatsoever. We risk a situation where the fans and the board will be at war and against each other like at some other clubs. I've always been proud of the fact that it's never been like that at Villa under Lerner, quite the opposite in fact.

Thats the problem, I just read the overnight update in teh facebook group and well teh arguments from the fans side was a bit poor.

When quized on why alex mcleish wasnt a good manager, the ex-blues reference was used yet again which is a shit argument and I fear that actual extremely bad credentials of mcdouche being a manager are going to be lost along the way.

This I fear will be the outcome of any further action such as demonstrating, the right message is not being portrayed in a valid argument.

IF the rumours about Hughes being discredited due to Lerner's relationship with Al Fayed are true, then I completely agree.

FFS Lerner, Hughes, Rafa & Rijkard would all take the job if they were offered the right terms, all out of work, and all gettable.

Yet you've gone and picked the scab from the mangled foot of our nearest rivals.

This is what's really winding me up, I'd have signed Jol in a heartbeat over any of the managers we've had linked to us.

What a piss take of a club we're turning out to be.

The same Jol that bottled it at Ajax this season, complaining that expectations were too high? That team went from 4th place to win the eredivisie (Dutch league) with Frank de Boer.

No thank don’t want a quitter with no balls!

I agree

But shame on the board as well for forcing the fans to extreme's such as this

Nobody with an ounce of sense wants the ex-shite manager at villa

Its not just because he's a nose the idea of the McLeish brand of football being played at VP week in week out makes me shudder

Darren Bent is going to love this bloke as prolific and deadly as he is McLeish will soon have him firing blanks on a regular basis.

Well I have a lot of ounces of sense more than you have and I can assure you I don't support your views and will support whoever is appointed and the players that wear the shirt.

Its daft buggers like you that make me want AM appointed just so he can prove you wrong and demonstrate that whether a person was or wasn't ONCE a "nose" is totally irrelevant if he does the business here !

Did you actually read the entirety of my post.. where in my post did i actually say that i DO NOT want McLeish as manager of Aston Villa purely because he is an ex nose

Learn to read.

Fellas, I've been reading this thread for a week and have a few observations:

- never believe Twitter

- Moyes is never going to leave Everton for Villa

- there's been so many people on here and other forums claiming to be ITK and stating that the club has created a smokescreen to get Moyes in, do you really think a man like Moyes would be second choice behind crap like Wigans manager?

I meant imagine the uproar if, in the full glare of the media, we approached David Moyes, agreed terms with him and were on the verge of appointing him only for Everton to say that they were not releasing him.

Are you saying that this is similar to what has happened in this case Gaz? or is that just as an illustration

This is turning into a media fed anti McCleish fan backlash. People need to take stock and calm down.

If what you say is true, why didn't Randy try and hijack the deal for our own means and bag Jol?

Al Fayed clearly isn't the 'honourable' man Randy wants to be, he just wants what is best for Fulham football club.

FFS we can't even go for Hughes because of some BS loyalty to Al Fayed, so Fulham are laughing in all this as they're dictating to us, who are obvious equal rivals in the prem, at least two managers we were never in the race for!

Not sure if any of you have seen this on the skysports website but there is a very interesting section in it... Bham sacked AMs chief scout by COPYING him in on an email to one of the chief officials! Wtf is that about... I say fair play to Mcleish for doing the same back to them!! They havnt got a clue....

Take a look at the article. It goes quite nicely with what the general was saying. How could he work with that board, and look what Lerner has done for our managers...

I'm giving Mcleish a chance if he is to become our manager.

Mcleish position untenable

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Agree.

But they obviously had that contingency in place knowing that there was a possibility that Hughes would quit. They obviously had a plan lined up for the eventuality that Hughes would leave and were able to bring a new manager in within 7 days.

I think the contingency that Fulham had was that they had Martin Jol's phone number and an idea of how much money he'd want.

BUT...

They knew who they wanted, and they acted swiftly & appropriately to get him.

This idea that Lerner has of interviewing premiership managers for the Aston Villa job is both pathetic and incredibly patronising.

The idea that a manager of an established premier league club would want to seek permission from his chairman to be interviewed for the Villa job, amongst others, is ridiculous.

Lerner should have identified the man he wanted to take the Villa job in Houlliers absense back when Gerrard first went into hospital.

Why any Manager of continental reputation would put himself up for an interview alongside others for the Aston Villa job is entirely beyond me.

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Good man.

AVFC FOR LIFE

So according to the boards criteria AM is more suitable than Rijkard ?

Yes and Van Gaal..

Because McLeish has Experiance of the English game and Premierleague..Maybe its seen as less of a gamble appoinment. I was just wondering how many fans would share this view of the club. And lets say if the club did abolish this Prem Experiance stance and appointed a manager like Van Gaal would you as Fans still get behind him whilst he settles into the new surroundings? Do fans have patience to allow a manager to settle in? I mean look how impatient we was in waiting for Houllier to instil his methods.

On the other hand, we were quite patient with MON in his first season when we went without victory for a few months. I think if the fans believed in the man appointed they would stand by him at the start. Houlliers problem was he had a hard act to follow, a fair few questioned his appointment from the start and he didn't help himself with some silly words at the beginning of his tenure.

I just think we are limiting the chances of success by sticking to the "Must have Prem Experience" criteria. The succesful managers in the Prem are already in jobs, we're basically picking from what is left.