• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I've gone all of a Harry Redknob, I know you kind people who say it can't be true, I believe that, it cannot be. I have faith in RL. I give money to Acorns, I think he has a right to appoint who he thinks is a good man for the job. I think that will be Hughes, but the pressure, the contradiction, the fear the bloody awful football, prozac, alcohol, I need something fr the next few days. I will start with a lie down

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of people have taken the BAIT!!!

what bait? i think we're gonna be some pretty sick when our worse nightmares are realised. there is no **** masterplan. there are no smoke and mirrors. just an incompetant board who are looking for someone happy to work with pittance.

The negative backlash to McLeish is unbelievable. Im sure most people were saying that he's a good manager and blues were lucky to have him when they wanted him out. This rubbish about boycotting VP if he takes over is shameful. Give him a chance if it happens!

I have been a member of VT for a very long time and as you can see I don't post much but I read the forum most days. I always love the debate and think it is amazing that we all want the same for Villa which is success but it how we get there divides so much opinion!

I have always been an optimistic supporter of Aston Villa and even in the darker times with various managers I have always tried to look for the positives (I even wanted to give Dr Jo another season!).

However, reading on Sky Sports news that we want to talk or contact Alex McLeish is beyond belief. I don't care that it is a former Small Heath manager it is just the fact he is not even at the standard of managing Aston Villa. He has been relegated twice with the knuckle draggers, plays negative long ball tactics and is surely the most unexciting manager we could ever have.

If we are trying to keep the likes of Downing and Bent we obviously need to be showing as a club we are moving forward and trying to attract the best players. I do not think that McLeish is realistically going to be able to do this.

I will be very disappointed and upset with the board if they appoint him. If they had any real ambition they wouldn't be looking at a manager of McLeish's standard.

Excellent post.

If ever there had been a statement released without using words it is this. This potential appointment cries out **** Champions League, **** the fans, I'm happy with mid-table mediocre... and mid-table is what we will get if we are lucky.

If we end up with him, Lerner will have a vote of no confidence from me. I will however always go to VP, as we are bigger than any manager.

No not an excellent post!!

Nothing to suggest we will be appointting AM except random press speculation.

Moyes or Hughes

i agree. just goes to show how great we are, having all the british press running round like headless chickens. i admire mr lerner for this . i am really enjoying it. bollocks to them all !!!!!!!!!

out of intense complexities intense simlicities emerge.

The negative backlash to McLeish is unbelievable. Im sure most people were saying that he's a good manager and blues were lucky to have him when they wanted him out. This rubbish about boycotting VP if he takes over is shameful. Give him a chance if it happens!

Unvelieveable my arse!

Have you watched his team over the last 3/4 years ?

HAs anyone asked the question that IF an email was seen by a journalist then WHO passed it on. Director to director apparently and can anyone see Randy doing that?? So Moxley et al either need to acknowledge that there was no email or that is SHA that lacks integrity.

Tom Ross has backtracked by saying that the approach came from Alex MCCleish to speak to Villa about the job,

we then asked permission ... surely that would be by an official approach?

Now BCFC's PR guy has said we haven't asked for permission to speak to B'ham.

Methinks someone may just have photo shopped a Villa email perhaps.

I have certainly not got the same outlook towards McLeish as many have on here in the following senses.

1 positives - Very decent fellow, think everyone agree's on that.

2. positives - Ex Blues manager, so what, not the slightest influenced by that, quite frankly couldn't care less.

3. Negatives - My biggest doubt is his overall ability, I have seen nothing to suggest the right kind of platform will be set up to play progressive football and long/ hoof ball is not progressive in my book.....Thats all we have seen from him so far.

4. happen to like the guy, but hey, Is this where we are really at.

i agree. just goes to show how great we are, having all the british press running round like headless chickens. i admire mr lerner for this . i am really enjoying it. bollocks to them all !!!!!!!!!

out of intense complexities intense simlicities emerge.

Simlicities aye? I got to say I agree, lots of those have emerged in the last couple of weeks. :lol: