• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Leaving to one side whether or not Mcleish is a good manager, if he does join us, could we not take it as a compliment. Of the Villa are bigger and better than Smal Heath variety. We could see him as a repentant sinner who wants to be cleansed!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving to one side whether or not Mcleish is a good manager, if he does join us, could we not take it as a compliment. Of the Villa are bigger and better than Smal Heath variety. We could see him as a repentant sinner who wants to be cleansed!

Randy can't possibly go for McLeish, he just wouldn't do that to us. That would fill me with an blinding rage.

If he does appoint him I'm done with Villa. I don't mind being a mid table club that doesn't win anything. But I want it to be a club I am happy to support. Randy Lerner has slowly made me dislike my club.

I pretty much **** hate Randy Lerner.

Knee jerk reaction much?

Quoted for future reference as stupid **** post of the year

What I haven't liked Randy since O'Neill left. Hardly going to change now given he let Jol go to Fulham and refuses to appoint Hughes.

Arguably there was nothing between him and O'Neill in the SPL given their respective resources. He'd organise our defence and probably get on better with the players than Houllier.

Would be thoroughly underwhelmed though. Still think Lerner has something better up his sleeve.

Whoever it is, it is the role of fans to support RL at the moment. I frequently stayed behind to boo under O'Dreary, but it was his awful football, and Ellis's underinvestment resulting in the dire crap performances that led me to boo. If it happens again I will boo again, it was therapeutic at the time anyway. I will not boo, and slag off the board, RL or anyone at AVFC because I disagree with their choice of who should manage the club that they have bought and invested in ad shown good faith with. I still think Hughes.

Does this not tell you how bad things must be at the sty? He's obviously seen the sh!t that is happening and has logged on to his lap top.

If nothing else, I can smile that they're more in the brown stuff than us.

Don't want him anywhere near this club though

Birmingham Mail phoned me to ask for a reaction. I said he hasnt been appointed yet and if he was it would the most stupid appointment and a catastrophic one. I put the theory up of Moyes to us and then asked her what their office thought and she said the consensus was McCleish was going to Villa.

They phoned for a reaction and what better way to get a reaction than to suggest the worst thing you could think of.

Mysteryman has posted on H&V that the Meltdown has begun. He always said the meltdown was Moyes. I don't know whats going on anymore.

First - "Meltdown has begun"

and then

"This to me is either Meltdown for what I always believed aka Moyes or it's meltdown of Mo Johnson proportions . Do I know NO !!!!!"

McLeish's win percentage at the scum is 36%, and that includes the times they were in the championship, so for me he's a no! If we can't attract a top name (Carlo, Moyes etc), then for me it has to be Hughes, but that means this going on until July, and that would seriously stress everyone out!!!

In Randy we trust! UTV

Or we can get Fulhams agreement - pay them nominal compensation and get Hughes. Don't think it will happen though.

Its either Mcleish - or he is linked by way of taking a position at Bolton\Everton\Sunderland for example.

Mcleish was signing players last week so this must be something that happened over the last 48 hours

Randy can't possibly go for McLeish, he just wouldn't do that to us. That would fill me with an blinding rage.

If he does appoint him I'm done with Villa. I don't mind being a mid table club that doesn't win anything. But I want it to be a club I am happy to support. Randy Lerner has slowly made me dislike my club.

I pretty much **** hate Randy Lerner.

Knee jerk reaction much?

Quoted for future reference as stupid **** post of the year

What I haven't liked Randy since O'Neill left. Hardly going to change now given he let Jol go to Fulham and refuses to appoint Hughes.

Hughes can't talk to any other clubs (although I reckon he has) until the 1st July you clown.

The new manager will get my support. I don't care where he has come from and what his cv is. This club has been mine for 40 years and i'm not going anywhere.

At last, someone I can fully agree with. UTV

Even if the managerial appointment is so non-sensical that it completely defies any logic or belief?

I, personally, can do nothing about which manager is employed (wish I could) but I can do something about which team I will continue to support.

If the eventual manager's appointment is proved to be the wrong one, we will then have to go through this nightmare again - I will still support Villa.

I only hope and pray that the right manager is found soon (albeit more by luck than judgement).

When I say I will always support Villa, I naturally mean that I will also support whichever manager is in the dugout. The Board will realise if they have appointed the wrong manager (they are not stupid) and it is then that we will go through this nightmare again.

UTV