fifa 12

fifa09don

A really nice analysis. Not being able to bring through the youth players is really frustrating.

The best way I've found of trying to do it is only ever buy the "high-potential" youth prospects (unfortunately you don't know that until you buy 'em) for positions your older players currently fill and never buy any that are lower than 67 or so.

Any you can't fit on the subs bench, loan out (the non-development of loanees at least works both ways so they won't lose points they would otherwise lose by rotting in your reserves) then promote them to starters when they hit 22 (if you're buying teenagers, this should be enough time for your older players to start declining anyway).

At 22, players start to grow really fast (ignore the fact that by now the blurb on player growth stating they're "high-potential" has disappeared; this always seems to vanish when they hit 20/21 anyway and doesn't have any actual effect on their maximum potential value) so you can bump 'em up to the first-team without worrying too much about weakening the team.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last fifa game i bought was 08. However fifa 11 looked and sounded like it was a real improvment so i told myself to wait and buy fifa 12. Mainly because i want to have a go at the new online system they have in place. It looks really good so im quite hopeful about this one.

If you play as AVFC Will you be forced to sell your best player at the end of each season

True story; it is impossible to sell Ashley Young. I've had him transfer-listed from the onset of a Manager Mode several times and for the duration of his contract and no club ever bids for him. Seriously, try it! :shock:

If you play as AVFC Will you be forced to sell your best player at the end of each season

True story; it is impossible to sell Ashley Young. I've had him transfer-listed from the onset of a Manager Mode several times and for the duration of his contract and no club ever bids for him. Seriously, try it! :shock:

On my latest manager mode I have been unable to sell anyone worth more than 10m. Not sure if it is anything to do with the latest update but it has also become ridiculously hard :evil:

Fifa has been improving every year.

I believe that it will better then Fifa 11 which was awesome.

Don't care to much about the manager mode, as I only play Exhibition games with mates or play 1v1 online. I'd like to see smoother online gameplay with less lagg and delay though.

I believe the problem lies in the static budgeting which I mentioned earlier.

When you start a Manager Mode game, the transfer budget you're given in the first season is the maximum amount your board will ever give you if you meet/exceed (or even don't meet but get within 5 places of) seasonal objectives, regardless of how your team progresses over the years. This means all the AI clubs in your MM game have to rely on revenue from domestic/European performance, which is pitiful in all but the CL.

As a result, only clubs that have with a preset exorbitant transfer budget can ever make the big purchases (and bear in mind a player will simply refuse to play anywhere outside of England, Germany, France, Spain and Italy if are already playing in the top league of that country, so none of the richer Russian or Dutch clubs can make successful bids) so the more marquee players are severly limited in their possible destinations (that's why at the start every season you regularly see the usual suspects making all the big purchases; Real Madrid, Barcelona, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea).

Aside from the above problem, the budgeting issue becomes doubly frustrating when you've spent most of your career developing a club only to reach a point where you just can't take them any further without investment and you're pretty much forced to change jobs. I started an NAC Breda career, with the goal of making them Eredivisie champions. NAC have an annual transfer budget (provided you meet board expectations) of a measly £250k, so I had to be ridiculously canny with free agents and low-cost/high-potential players. In 7 seasons, I'd made them competitive within the top 3 and bagged a UEFA cup and several Dutch cups but simply could not win the league. Every season, Ajax and PSV would outspend me and the highest I could ever finish was 2nd.

Now, you're not telling me that in reality, if some hotshot manager turned NAC Breda into European trophy winners and regular competitors in the Champion's League that their board wouldn't be able to spend more than £250k a season on players?! :bang:

I digress; yes, you're gonna have problems if you want to flog your most expensive players. It's basically a lottery of hoping one of the huge clubs takes an interest.

Epilogue: I took the PSV job in season 8, raided NAC for their better players then won the league in my first year and the CL in my second. I finally got a job offer outside of the Eredivisie after that... at VfL Bochum. But that's another problem for me to rant about some other time.

The budget thing is frustrating, I took Rotherham from League 2 to Champions League winners in 5 seasons ( on World Class ) and how much do I get off the board for my next season ?

£300k.

My Team is pretty tasty though ;)

Smithies

Gibbs

Zelao

Almeback

De Silvestri

Gonalons

Sissoko

Guarin

Emana

Agbonlahor

Doumbia

In the early years, I just picked up as many free agents as I could afford and then flogged them the following year to make a bit of cash.

The budget thing is frustrating, I took Rotherham from League 2 to Champions League winners in 5 seasons ( on World Class ) and how much do I get off the board for my next season ?

£300k.

My Team is pretty tasty though ;)

Smithies

Gibbs

Zelao

Almeback

De Silvestri

Gonalons

Sissoko

Guarin

Emana

Agbonlahor

Doumbia

In the early years, I just picked up as many free agents as I could afford and then flogged them the following year to make a bit of cash.

Rotherham are my team too, except i'm on FIFA 10. I've also taken them to the top, competing for the CL etc. and the board will still only give me a couple of million per season, attendances are pretty much always low too despite me upping the stadium to 8/10. I do love FIFA but there are SO many bugs that spoil it.

EA should put in an Argentine commentary option though. I often switch over to Dutch commentary for the larfs, having some crazed Argie near-climaxing every time a through-ball is played would be great; "GOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!"

Oh, and **** off Andy Gray hads the added bonus of meaning I no longer have to hear about his "childhood in Scotland" every **** time there's a game in the snow. For ****'s sake, I lived up there for nearly a decade, and it ain't even that bad! You'd think it was **** Stalingrad or something.

I digress; yes, you're gonna have problems if you want to flog your most expensive players. It's basically a lottery of hoping one of the huge clubs takes an interest.

I actually tried this with Ashley Young. I listed him from the very start of the season. 19m rated. Not one bid at all. Totally shocked me.

I agree with your analysis though. That list needs to be worked out, especially the scouting. I found loads of gems in the previous FIFA games through scouting countries (helped a lot when in league 2/1 and working my way up).

I've started to note down a list of any players I buy that start between 65-70 and have the "high potential" blurb. You can sometimes tell when you go to buy them because you'll get the "This club is aware of the potential blah blah blah" line on the offer screen, but this only happens for a handful of prospects. Serbians and Scandinavians seem to be the most common high-potentials.

Â