Italian Football

Troglodyte

Hmm, I think I'm still leaning towards Napoli. Are their fans known for hooliganism (at least any more so than most Italian clubs) though?

As for Lazio, I don't really want to follow a team with fans like this:

Lazio-fans-001.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castel_di_Sangro_Calcio

interesting history, though since reformed a bit.

Plus I played with them on Champo once and it was great fun. For the same reason I also recommend Rimini.

I hate most of the serie A clubs though, populated by rocket polishers, systemic corruption amongst the owners etc.

For some reason I quite like Atalanta and Fiorentina

I think it's going to have to be Napoli. Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik is such a great attack.

Naples is the home of the best pizzas in the world. :thumb:

Unfortunately, it's an absolute shithole (and that's by the native's standards).

If you're an old football romantic it's gotta be Juventus. The Old Lady. Going through hard enough times of late but she'll be back.

I've no strong feelings for anyone in the Serie 'A' tbh. But I'd take Juve over most if not all of them. My team (Cremonese) are currently in the Serie C1 or "Liga Pro 1 A" at the mo' :)

I've no affinity for Italian football at all really.

I did like Fiorentina, pretty much entirely because of Batistuta.

But now I just find it hard to take any interest in. It's quite dull to watch when you're not invested in it, and it's hilariously bent. Fior getting promoted for 'sporting merit' back in the day sums it up.

Why Cremonese?

A few things. First & foremost I'm a sucker for the underdog. I picked them in Championship Manager Italia '95 way back in, ehh, 1995. Got to know their entire squad and everything about the club off by heart as you tend to do playing those games. Just started following them from there. A similar enough story to Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga really. The only difference being that Cremonese were less able to maintain their top flight status. They also happen to have what I think is a unique colour scheme. I've yet to see anyone else with red & grey as their kit. It works, and I have their jersey from that season, with 'Tentoni' on the back :)

crem-90-home-use2.jpg

Cremonese in '95... Enrico Chiesa?

Exactly. Along with Tentoni & Florijančič they were a pretty handy attacking side. Chiesa (then a winger) scored something like 9 in the last 11 games of the season, kept us up and then got nicked by a bigger team.

why would you pay money for someone who can't play for you?

If it's likely to be an increasing asset you'd do it for the profit, simple as that. Buy low, sell high.

Â