Italian Football

Troglodyte

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm just so happy that Milan are starting to look good again.

Kessie since the break has looked on fire, and Theo Hernandez at left back looks like a world class star in the making.

Rebic is ticking along nicely and having Ibra around looks to be driving the professionalism up.

Since the fans have not been in, its a crazy turnaround. Its not the greatest squad on paper but playing for Milan in packed San Siro the expectations are crazy. Not criticising the fans but not an easy experience still when they have seen true legends. 

I like Rebic he isn't the greatest talent but he will run through walls amd scores goals. Like a super enhanced Trezeguet 😂

Torino in big relegation danger now, been on an awful run although they should still have enough to finish above Genoa and Leece. Could be tight though.

A shame as they had a very exciting attack a few years ago with Belotti, Falque and Llajic

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Torino in big relegation danger now, been on an awful run although they should still have enough to finish above Genoa and Leece. Could be tight though.

A shame as they had a very exciting attack a few years ago with Belotti, Falque and Llajic

They are 8 points ahead with 4 games left. Lecce arent good enough to catch them

Agree with the above on Milan. Serie A needs a good Milan just to put a stop to all the Juventus domination. Historically they have been the team to do it, and lets not forget in Europe too. Pioli seems to have them positively well-drilled unlike Giampaolo. 

Samp looking down and out at half-time yesterday but put on a great show in the second half. Bonazzoli again looked unstoppable when he came on. Ranieri has again done a terrific job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

200th Milan game tonight for Donnarumma, he is still eligible for the Italy Under 21 team

Unless an injury he will hit 1000 games by 30

He's absolutely insane.

I used to shit my pants playing in goal for a sunday league team when I was 30

How that guy coped with playing for Milan and Italy aged 16/17 is mind blowing.

• Like 2

Milan have given Pioli a new deal and dumped Rangnick before he could take over. They now have to pay him compensation but probably the best scenario. Rangnick was coming in to be manager, DOF and head physio apparently

Goal and assist and MOTM for Dejan Kulusevski in the 2-1 win for Parma away to Brescia. Lovely curled shot with his weaker right foot for the winner.

9 goals and 8 (9 depending on where you look) assists in 34 games is not bad for a guy who just turned 20 and is playing his first season of senior football. Guy is going to be class if he can stay fit.

Brescia going down be interesting to see where Sandro Tonali ends up, guessing it's between Inter, Juve and Milan. Cheeky bid by Villa if we stay up :D 

Edited by sne

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is Tonali that good though, he is hyped up but speaking to Italian friends they are not sure about the hype 

Not yet, but he only turned 20 two months ago. Been told he is allowed to leave and likely needs a move to develop.

Edited by sne

On 21/07/2020 at 20:02, Zatman said:

200th Milan game tonight for Donnarumma, he is still eligible for the Italy Under 21 team

Unless an injury he will hit 1000 games by 30

800 games in the next 8 and a half seasons before his 30th isn’t possible but he will get close

Atalanta keeping the dream of 100 goals alive with a 2-1 win away to Parma. They need 2 at home to Inter in the final round to reach 100 in 38 games.

Dejan Kulusevski scores again against him former club with his 10th for the season.

• Like 1

Ciro Immobile is 1 goal away from equalling the Serie A record set by Higuain for Napoli. Lazio vs Napoli is the last game and apparently some Napoli fans are hoping he does it as a **** you to Higuain

On 25/07/2020 at 17:55, Zatman said:

Is Tonali that good though, he is hyped up but speaking to Italian friends they are not sure about the hype 

He still has work to do defensively considering he's currently tabbed as a DM. I personally wonder if he's better suited for more of an attacking No. 10 type role, but my beloved Azzurri being the Azzurri, want him to be "the next Pirlo" instead. I do believe that he has an incredible sense of vision and anticipation for somebody who is so young (won't be 21 until May). He needs to get to a better team to grow, and I expect he'll be at one of the top Italian clubs soon enough.

Â