Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I often wonder if people can read my mind when I'm thinking some very dodgy things. 

I'll often be standing in a group, have a thought pop up and look around to see if anyone is looking shocked or surprised. When I see no reactions I'm happy that no-one in that group can see what I'm thinking.

Or do they just hide it really well...

conspiracy_keanu_meme_black_picture.jpg

Whether everyone sees colours differently.

For example, I may see what you see as blue, as orange, but you'd never know.

confused-o.gif

Great minds. Nearly 3 years ago:

I think we've covered this on here before, but for years I've wondered if everyone sees colours the same.

I have a weird theory that people don't. What I know as blue may be the same as what you know as red, but because it's always been called blue I wouldn't know it was any different.

Could account for different tastes in fashion and design etc.

I'm sure someone will show me something that proves that that's utter nonsense, but it doesn't change the fact that I often wonder about it.

• Like 1

On the whole perception of colors thing I remember Dr Robert Winstone talking about it in one of his books, I can't remember what he said exactly but i think the main take away was that there's no way of knowing. Makes me wonder what else we might percieve differently as indivuduals though.

Like that whole simulated reality stuff.  How do I know you all even exist?  For like, realsies?  Freaks me out.  But even if this is all just in my mind, as long as my brain can still replicate the taste of crunchy nut corn flakes or project the image of Eliza Dushku then I won't fight it.  I'd have totally taken the blue pill.

I've always wondered what happens if you put something stapled into the shredder, does it just shred it or get clogged.

I've also thought about that colour thing before.

People at work used to just shove whole documents stapled into the industrial-sized shredder.  One day, it caught fire.

Nowadays, there is a sign above the new shredder saying "DO NOT PUT STAPLES THROUGH SHREDDER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED".

True story.

People at work used to just shove whole documents stapled into the industrial-sized shredder.  One day, it caught fire.

Nowadays, there is a sign above the new shredder saying "DO NOT PUT STAPLES THROUGH SHREDDER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED".

Red rag to a bull. 

• Like 1

I have a variant on that story. 

At the uni we had recycling bins marked: "clean paper", "plastics, metals & food packaging" and "landfill". 

One day I spotted one of the office blondes putting piles of printouts into the landfill bin. So I asked her why she didn't put it in the paper recycling one. 

Her reply? "But... that's only for clean paper, isn't it? This has got print all over it..." 

:mellow:

• Like 1

Â