Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Dont see how anyone can say school was worse then being a grown up.

No responsibilities, loads of holidays, home by 4pm everyday, lots of laughs with mates.

Being a grown up sucks. Give me school over work any day. Unless you have a job you enjoy (not many do) and earn lots of money (even few do) then their is no way being a grown up with responsibility is better then being at school.

That is why the demand to 'grow up!' is so depressing because it is really saying, 'Do your duty, pay your taxes, think of others; think of me!'.

The whole mid-life crisis accusation is an attempt to persuade you not to spend your money on yourself.

What is not to like about a Harley and a younger girlfriend?

What we want are demands to be more childish!

No responsibilities, loads of holidays, home by 4pm everyday, lots of laughs with mates.

Being a grown up sucks. Give me school over work any day. Unless you have a job you enjoy (not many do) and earn lots of money (even few do) then their is no way being a grown up with responsibility is better then being at school.

That is why the demand to 'grow up!' is so depressing because it is really saying, 'Do your duty, pay your taxes, think of others; think of me!'.

The whole mid-life crisis accusation is an attempt to persuade you not to spend your money on yourself.

I still get a buzz from being a grown up - silly things like being able to stay up late! 

I still get a buzz from being a grown up - silly things like being able to stay up late! 

Grown-ups can be a bit grumpy sometimes.

Inspired by Napoleon XIV's love of his little red tricycle, I once fixed a bicycle bell to the wall of the lunch room at work, which people felt the urge to ring.

A harmless pleasure, I thought.

Sad to say it only lasted two days and when retrieved from some waste ground, was shown to have suffered some blunt trauma from possibly a large hammer.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

If I had gone to a different school, how would my life have ended up.

I wouldn't say school played any part on the me of today or even the past years

I taught myself programming whilst at college which got me into IT where i soon released I wasn't geeky enough to be a programmer but found an aptitude for repairing PC's ... Which after a while got me into management at some point and which sorta carried me through

My school days were about sport , testing my teachers patience to the extreme and having a laugh with friends ( many of whom I'm still having a laugh with nearly 30 years after leaving school )

If I built a time machine and could go back my school days would be very much left as they were ... Though maybe Miss Holmes the art teacher would have her drink spiked in a time machine related accident

yeah, I think if I had a time machine I'd go back to schooltime me and say 'don't fret, ok you're leaving school with art and english, but you are going to meet a wonderful woman that will inspire you'

In fact, schooltime me, you've got time to go to college for 2 years as a holding exercise rather than get a proper job or go into sixth form. You won't learn much more, yet, but it'll be a bloody good laugh. It'll all come once you decide it's time.

Oh, and buy shares in apple apple and microsoft, and when they are worth 10p, buy a tenner worth of bitcoin.

If I had gone to a different school, how would my life have ended up.

I wouldn't say school played any part on the me of today or even the past years

I taught myself programming whilst at college which got me into IT where i soon released I wasn't geeky enough to be a programmer but found an aptitude for repairing PC's ... Which after a while got me into management at some point and which sorta carried me through

My school days were about sport , testing my teachers patience to the extreme and having a laugh with friends ( many of whom I'm still having a laugh with nearly 30 years after leaving school )

If I built a time machine and could go back my school days would be very much left as they were ... Though maybe Miss Holmes the art teacher would have her drink spiked in a time machine related accident

Interesting. My first reaction was total disagreement - because for me, school was a massive influence in making me what I am, probably THE biggest single influence, to this day. And yet my experience of it was much like yours, and if I could go back I also wouldn't change it. 

Then I realised you were talking about careers. I have never considered that my career has any relevance whatsoever to who or what I am. 

Is the indifference and detachment I feel when general thread talk turns to cars, how most people feel when it turns to wrestling?

Same in both cases for me. 

Is the indifference and detachment I feel when general thread talk turns to cars, how most people feel when it turns to wrestling?

I'd say it's more revulsion and pity.

That's your next thread earmarked for a hostile wrestling takeover.

Â