Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I wonder why people think "The Big Lebowski" is such a great film. I love the Coen Bros., but I thought they really failed with this effort. Boring and not funny.

Watch it again and again until you realise it's one of the funniest films ever made, because it is. I admit I wasn't wowed by it the first time around, apart from a chuckle here and there. These days thinking about almost every single line makes me laugh, and I think those are the signs of properly brilliant comedy (Life of Brian is another one).

• Like 1

I wonder why people think "The Big Lebowski" is such a great film. I love the Coen Bros., but I thought they really failed with this effort. Boring and not funny.

Watch it again and again until you realise it's one of the funniest films ever made, because it is. I admit I wasn't wowed by it the first time around, apart from a chuckle here and there. These days thinking about almost every single line makes me laugh, and I think those are the signs of properly brilliant comedy (Life of Brian is another one).

I've taken this approach. I've seen it 4 times and I'm not wowed by it either.

It's a decent film. Few chuckles here and there.

But it's one of those films that just misses the mark for me. Everything's there for me to love it. Director, writer, cast, themes etc. But it just doesn't do it for me. Even though I really really want it to!

I wonder who hired Jack Ruby to kill Lee Harvey Oswald...

Im a big JFK buff ( no idea why ) and love all the conspiracy stuff but Occam's razor is your friend here

Ruby went into a western union paid some bills and even left his dog in the car ... Not really the actions of a man paid to take out a hit who knew he wasn't going home that day

Was a great show on TV where they re-enacted these events using 1963 technology and lighting ... Oswald never even saw Ruby coming so the recognition myth has also been debunked

Â