Jump to content

Things you often Wonder


mjmooney
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why do Walkers include Cheese and Onion in their "meaty" selection of crisps, but not Beef? 

If only there was a Toblerone eater on this forum that may or may not have business connects with a certain crisp manufacturer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why do Walkers include Cheese and Onion in their "meaty" selection of crisps, but not Beef? 

To be honest I don’t know but if I was to take a guess , It’s the most popular flavour so they might add it to the multipack to boost sales   

fairly sure they discontinued Beef flavour so probably why they aren’t included .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

To be honest I don’t know but if I was to take a guess , It’s the most popular flavour so they might add it to the multipack to boost sales   

fairly sure they discontinued Beef flavour so probably why they aren’t included .

 

Wow, they do seem to have discontinued them.  You could buy them recently, what a travesty. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Got this shoe brush thingy. No toothpaste (I do have my own toothpaste).

8-F743-F5-F-8844-4-EFE-9-A8-B-469-C17594

Look more like a clothes brush to me. 

I assume it's not yours to keep so they don't need to replace one for each guest? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Why do hotels provide shower gel etc but never toothpaste?

I’ve got a “shoe sponge” here but no toothpaste. What’s that about?

I stayed in a hotel that had mint flavour shower gel and citrus flavour toothpaste which seemed bizarre to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wow, they do seem to have discontinued them.  You could buy them recently, what a travesty. 

there might be a flame grilled steak version coming to market soon but it would probably please people like Davkaus far far more than it will please me :detect:

Edited by tonyh29
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

there might be a flame grilled steak version coming to market soon but it would probably please people like Davkaus far far more than it will please me :detect:

Basically just repackaged beef flavour ;) 

All the decent crisp flavours were thought of 50 years ago! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
39 minutes ago, Xela said:

All the decent crisp flavours were thought of 50 years ago! 

Yeah? I've never seen partridge and pineapple yet so excuse me, there's still a way to go yet. 

giphy.gif

 

Edited by sidcow
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm still pitching for squirrel and jerusalem artichoke flavour. 

Didn't they do squirrel flavour recently when they asked the public to come up with some mad flavours.  Maybe it won but they wouldn't make it like Boaty McBoatface. 

Edited by sidcow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Just now, sidcow said:

Didn't they do. Squirrel flavour recently when they asked the public to come up with some mad flavours.  Maybe it won but they wouldn't make it like Boaty McBoatface. 

Dunno about squirrel but I remember Hedgehog

HEDGEHOG_CRISPS.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Basically just repackaged beef flavour ;) 

All the decent crisp flavours were thought of 50 years ago! 

When my lad was around 6 or 7 he was in the office one day and we’d been doing a project on cuppa soups so I had all the powders left over from the various flavour houses  and I also had some unflavoured crisp bases from a texture test … needless to say he came up with cuppasoup flavour crisps and wanted me to pitch it to the clients so they would  pay him lots of money for it :)

Mushroom and tomato cuppasoup might be an original flavour though thinking about it  !!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Didn't they do squirrel flavour recently when they asked the public to come up with some mad flavours.  Maybe it won but they wouldn't make it like Boaty McBoatface. 

Cajun Squirrel was a winner in a Canadian competition a few years back , don’t recall it in the U.K. but it’s possible we had it as well

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dunno about squirrel but I remember Hedgehog

HEDGEHOG_CRISPS.jpg

I just bet they taste like chicken. 

Edited by sidcow
Link to comment
Share on other sites


25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Cajun Squirrel was a winner in a Canadian competition a few years back , don’t recall it in the U.K. but it’s possible we had it as well

 

 

We had all these years ago. All terrible from memory!

zGcdvgB.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â