Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

20 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

How do you carry your debit cards and stuff around?

I have a Secrid metal wallet for credit/debit cards. Any cash is carried in pockets. The metal wallet is small enough to be carried conveniently alongside the cash in a pocket.  I find regular wallets are way too bulky and therefore easy to lose because they're inconvenient to carry. And they contain too much important stuff to be something so easy to lose. They're a single point of failure that has twice burned me in the past. I liked the idea of owning one but they are a terrible idea for me personally.

wallet-secrid-card-protector-silver-1_50

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I have a Secrid

They are great. I have one with a leather cover allowing for some cache as well.

Edited by Tegis

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I have a Secrid metal wallet for credit/debit cards. Any cash is carried in pockets. The metal wallet is small enough to be carried conveniently alongside the cash in a pocket.  I find regular wallets are way too bulky and therefore easy to lose because they're inconvenient to carry. And they contain too much important stuff to be something so easy to lose. They're a single point of failure that has twice burned me in the past. I liked the idea of owning one but they are a terrible idea for me personally.

wallet-secrid-card-protector-silver-1_50

I have a tri-fold wallet that is quite a small size , not like a house brick that I see some people carrying

thankfully , never lost one yet  , my golden rule once I start drinking is to transfer my wallet from my back pocket to the front pocket  .. least then if someone tries to steal my wallet I get an early warning semi 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I have a tri-fold wallet that is quite a small size , not like a house brick that I see some people carrying

thankfully , never lost one yet  , my golden rule once I start drinking is to transfer my wallet from my back pocket to the front pocket  .. least then if someone tries to steal my wallet I get an early warning semi 

My logic is my trousers are my wallet and if I've lost them it was probably worth it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I bought the original version of this one when I was living in Canada and absolutely loved it. Only replaced it as I was given a gift.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bellroy-Slim-Sleeve-Premium-Billfold/dp/B08L3PY2LK?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

They're all nicely designed with clever features and quality materials.  Closer to your budget, the Note Sleeve will be great even if you carry a big stack of bank cards.  There are some beautiful colour options.

The other 2 things on your list are time-limited - the case or the Kindle only last for as long as the tech.  A wallet can go with you for years, becoming burnished and picking up the scars of everyday life.

A good wallet will always be a good wallet.

I may be a tad harsh here but the  the product you linked to shows someone putting this wallet into a man bag .. that's more sinful than being a vegan or wearing trainers without socks   ...

5df3d942c0e9c5f8a5127c4993cebdcb.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

My logic is my trousers are my wallet and if I've lost them it was probably worth it.

reminds me of my mate , who was getting some light relief from one of Bangkok's finest , who promptly stole his wallet whilst his trousers were around his ankles as she looked up at him like a dying puppy 

he just shrugged and said it was worth it  ..

• Like 1

i've got nothing, 1 bank card and then loose money if i have any, bare minimum with the cards, very very rarely carry my driving license with me too, no membership card nonsense, dont collect receipts, photo of the wife on my phone

no interest in a wallet at all, what for?

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I may be a tad harsh here but the  the product you linked to shows someone putting this wallet into a man bag .. that's more sinful than being a vegan or wearing trainers without socks   ...

I hadn't spotted that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I'm also concerned by the deployment of a grotesque pinky-ring AND a double overshirt combo.

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Here’s my day to day bag…

spacer.png

wanna see what I keep in it…?

Hide contents

spacer.png

MY OTHER BAG MOTHER **** !

Yep, I keep my emergency record purchase bag in my man bag, so I never need a plastic carrier bag.

I don't have them with me but I have to confess that I too behave in exactly the same way, record bag inside the man bag. Having been a non-wallet person for years, I even now carry two wallets, the wallet for working and the wallet for the real world. Now I actually have cards and a bank account the need for a wallet is greater. The work wallet is so if someone does attempt to rob me, they get much less as it only has my float in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I don't have them with me but I have to confess that I too behave in exactly the same way, record bag inside the man bag. Having been a non-wallet person for years, I even now carry two wallets, the wallet for working and the wallet for the real world. Now I actually have cards and a bank account the need for a wallet is greater. The work wallet is so if someone does attempt to rob me, they get much less as it only has my float in.

Well, this is awkward.

I also have a main wallet, and a ‘light’ wallet for when I’m working.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i've got nothing, 1 bank card and then loose money if i have any, bare minimum with the cards, very very rarely carry my driving license with me too, no membership card nonsense, dont collect receipts, photo of the wife on my phone

no interest in a wallet at all, what for?

I don't carry huge amount with me, but 2 debit cards, 2 credit cards, driving licence, breakdown cover card and more recently, my covid vaccination card. Plus a bit of cash.

My old wallet is crap though and falling apart mainly due to about 3 years worth of receipts in there, which, while now disposed of, have ruined the shape of it. 

I'm not streamlined enough to use a @BOF wallet like a Secrid or a Ridge. 

Just now, Xela said:

I don't carry huge amount with me, but 2 debit cards, 2 credit cards, driving licence, breakdown cover card and more recently, my covid vaccination card. Plus a bit of cash.

My old wallet is crap though and falling apart mainly due to about 3 years worth of receipts in there, which, while now disposed of, have ruined the shape of it. 

I'm not streamlined enough to use a @BOF wallet like a Secrid or a Ridge. 

You probably are though if you looked at what you need day to day. You don't need to be carrying 4 debit/credit cards around with you. I presume 1 or 2 of them are daily use. A secrid will hold 5 or 6 cards so that's debit, credit, driving licence, breakdown, covid and something else. Receipts go in pocket til you get home then chuck them in an envelope marked 'receipts 2021' if needs be.

You have the power :D 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Mods , short notice I know, but could we do a VT fantasy football league, like the sun do? All entry fees go to charity ? I’d have no clue how to set it up. Just an idea .

There is a VT fantasy league set up in the gaming forum for fantasy.premierleague.com ICYMI.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Not sure anyone was, I wasn’t. I have two wallets for two different purposes

I was using my artistic licence to segue into a mildly amusing story ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â