Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

• VT Supporter
37 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not sure if this makes sense but sometimes to me it's the quality of TV footage that ages things more than the actual style, as when I've seen old stuff upscaled to HD it brings things more into the here-and-now and people look less old-fashioned.

Dunno about HD, as it's always seemed a bit 'Emperors's new clothes' to me, but I'm always struck by how much more 'real' 1930s & 40s colour footage seems, compared to the usual black & white. 

On the dialects thread I made a joke anout the swedish chef. 

Question for Swedes. In the Muppets clearly The Swedish chef talks gibberish. For Swedish audiences is the dub different? Does he actually talk Swedish when dubbed into Swedish?

• Like 2

• VT Supporter
48 minutes ago, bickster said:

I had been wondering all week what type of helicopters the Army had been buzzing our house with every night this week but I got a nice proper close up of one on my way home tonight and they are the newish Wildcats (replacements for the Lynx)

AgustaWestland-AW-159-Wildcat-AH.1-1090x

In the last couple of months I've had 2 Apache Attack Helicopters flying right over my house, then a Typhoon jet fighter and today a Chinook went over. 

I'm starting to get paranoid! 

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

On the dialects thread I made a joke anout the swedish chef. 

Question for Swedes. In the Muppets clearly The Swedish chef talks gibberish. For Swedish audiences is the dub different? Does he actually talk Swedish when dubbed into Swedish?

Best question ever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not sure if this makes sense but sometimes to me it's the quality of TV footage that ages things more than the actual style, as when I've seen old stuff upscaled to HD it brings things more into the here-and-now and people look less old-fashioned.

One of the best examples i've seen of this was this Oasis song. The original video was 1997. The remaster was done a few years ago and just makes it feel so much more modern. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

In the last couple of months I've had 2 Apache Attack Helicopters flying right over my house, then a Typhoon jet fighter and today a Chinook went over. 

I'm starting to get paranoid! 

I’ll have chinook week in one of the weeks ahead. We have a week of that to when they give all the cadets a ride in one 

• VT Supporter
9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’ll have chinook week in one of the weeks ahead. We have a week of that to when they give all the cadets a ride in one 

Should take them through Mach Loop. 

Much more fun if a little stomach churning. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

One of the best examples i've seen of this was this Oasis song. The original video was 1997. The remaster was done a few years ago and just makes it feel so much more modern. 

Yeah that was one of the things I was thinking about, Liam and the extras all look like they could have been recorded yesterday but there are films from further back where it's  the same, and as @mjmooney says stuff from around the war becomes far more real when they manage to improve the picture.  The soldiers look they could be me and my mates.

• Like 1

I was actually in Cardiff, having a bit of an exchange of views with some ‘Freedom Rally’ people.

Had a proper lecture off my missus about how it could have gone very differently. She literally had to lead me away by the arm as cameras were beginning to turn on me! Spectacularly short fuse on me today. If you were verbally abused by a man in a blue tee shirt in Cardiff today and he called you a **** stupid thick as shit word removed and you stink… then I apologise. Lack of sleep.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I was actually in Cardiff, having a bit of an exchange of views with some ‘Freedom Rally’ people.

Had a proper lecture off my missus about how it could have gone very differently. She literally had to lead me away by the arm as cameras were beginning to turn on me! Spectacularly short fuse on me today. If you were verbally abused by a man in a blue tee shirt in Cardiff today and he called you a **** stupid thick as shit word removed and you stink… then I apologise. Lack of sleep.

You should be apologising for being too polite

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

he called you a **** stupid thick as shit word removed and you stink… then I apologise. Lack of sleep.

You used the same words when I made you a cup of coffee in the microwave :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You used the same words when I made you a cup of coffee in the microwave :)

I have a lot of issues.

Until that day, I hadn’t even realised microwaved coffee was one of them.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â