Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yet there are still people that listen to Oasis between the adverts on Absolute FM.

I was in my car today, on the way back from Manchester. I was listening to TMS for a bit, it was drifting along, the cricket, so I put radio 6 on, but it was playing the crap stuff it does on a Saturday. 5Live, people tennising so of no interest to anyone sane. So next on the dial was absoluteFm. Neat MattBerry voiceover ident thingy, ok I’ll give it a listen. Some generic no doubt heavily rotated older song came on, then another one, then some advertisements, then “coming up next we’ve got a classic Q***n track”. F*** that, radio off double quick fast. I’ll not be making that mistake again.

Phone on, Bluetooth, shuffle, Low and then the Lovely eggs. Brilliant, but now I’ve got an earworm and tinnitus back.

Have you ever heard a digital accordian, a digital accordian….

• Like 1

Do music snobs realise what rocket polishers the come across as? 

Like some modern art enthusiast liking really weird and probably pretentious pictures but thinking everyone else are idiots for liking stuff like Jack Vettriano just because the world has a print of his up in their living room and thinking they're so superior to all the other little people even though they just genuinely appreciate his paintings. 

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• VT Supporter
5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Is anyone else a little bit scared of getting on the wrong side of @mjmooney and @chrisp65 or is that just me?

Only kidding guys... 

Don't come after me... 

Please. 

I'm sorry. 

Busted. I'm a pussycat, really. Maybe just a bit spiky today for no particular reason. Sorry guys. 

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
8 minutes ago, Genie said:

What ever happened to that Welsh bloke? Chris I think his name was. Was posting loads of bollox and then all of a sudden, nothing.

Careful!  He might come after you.

3 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Careful!  He might come after you.

As long as he doesn’t sit in the disabled bay listening to Absolute Shite FM he should be ok.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

Am I the only person who when reading an on topic thread just completely ignores any table of player stats anyone posts up? I don't even read or try to understand it, just move right on. 

• Like 2

• VT Supporter

I know there are 4 countries with anthems that don't have words (famously including Spain), but are there any anthems which feature traditional local instrumentation or musical styles? If not, why has nobody ever done that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know there are 4 countries with anthems that don't have words (famously including Spain), but are there any anthems which feature traditional local instrumentation or musical styles? If not, why has nobody ever done that?

The Welsh one obviously. Male Voice Choirs are a traditional Welsh musical style

It's a bit of a silly question because as long as the music is written down you can play it on most instruments

Without even checking I'm damn sure you'll find someone squeezing out Flower of Scotland on the cat stranglers

• VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Are there people who put a sock and shoe on before putting the second sock on? 

I’ll do that when leaving the beach or leaving the changing rooms of a leisure centre.

In the first case, if I’ve left the sand area, I’ll brush my one foot down, put a sock on and then the shoe before putting my foot back down onto the floor. My foot is is then protected from getting sand on it or in my shoe (relatively speaking). I’ll then brush down my other foot, etc etc.

The exact same thing with the wet floor in the changing room, but just avoiding getting feet wet, rather than sandy.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â