Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

There are still new posts in On-Topic. What are they talking about?

People need a release I guess from the depressing cycle that is daily life at present. 

I mean, I'd rather drag my gonads over a cheese grater, but whatever floats your boat. 

• Haha 1

On 18/03/2020 at 18:58, Xela said:

Is it just me or is everyone else being far more miserly with their toilet roll usage. Before I was fairly liberal with it... roll a few sheets off, wipe*, more sheets, another wipe, etc

Now i'm getting more PPS (poop per sheet) out of it than I thought possible. 

* while sitting of course. 

I'll take a punt that you have a bigger sample size than most. :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

People need a release I guess from the depressing cycle that is daily life at present. 

I mean, I'd rather drag my gonads over a cheese grater, but whatever floats your boat. 

Video? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I thought you were describing Villa there for a moment :(

Most of the time watching Villa is about as enjoyable as dragging your gonads over a cheese grater.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why didn't the Martinelli video come out on WhatsApp despite the IT guy at everyone's company who I know saying it was going to come out the following day? 

• 2 weeks later...

"History Today",  should really come back in my opinion and examine the NHS and it's importance from the war years right up to today.

Just after the daily news conference of death.

I find it difficult to believe I am the only one but here I am.

32 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

"History Today",  should really come back in my opinion and examine the NHS and it's importance from the war years right up to today.

Just after the daily news conference of death.

I find it difficult to believe I am the only one but here I am.

????

• Thanks 1

Yes,  that's it.  I find it both informative and a real pleasure to watch these 2 in a room just talking history,  what's not to like?

They dismantle a commonly discussed aspect of history in just a few minutes. 

Amazing.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I loved History Today. Baddiel is still around but no clue what Rob Newman is up to any more. 

I saw Rob Newman do a solo show many years ago and it was quite angst-ridden, look at how effed up the world is kind of vibe. It was at Warwick arts centre.

Whilst i knew there was no Mary Whitehouse element to it, i had to restrain myself from shouting "do some Ray !!" just to lighten the mood !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I saw Rob Newman do a solo show many years ago and it was quite angst-ridden, look at how effed up the world is kind of vibe. It was at Warwick arts centre.

Whilst i knew there was no Mary Whitehouse element to it, i had to restrain myself from shouting "do some Ray !!" just to lighten the mood !

He must have taken a different path then. He could have at least dressed up as Jarvis for the occasion. 

03CD50BB-75F3-4F20-9221-4EE001CEA87D.jpeg

• Haha 1

He’s still around. Pops up on Radio 4 now and again with a series taking a gentle slightly comic look at this or that.

He comes across on those as very much not having gone down the ‘lad’ path that Baddiel did.

14 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Mary Whitehouse element to

Apparently  , At one stage it was nearly named after Jacob Rees Mogg’s father as they were worried Whitehouse might sue them 

• Like 2

I have a good view of the train station car park from my window. During normal times it is packed by 7:30am. The last couple of weeks its been interesting hows its reduced. Its generally about 7 or 8 cars now, which includes the people who work there. 

Sadly there has been one car that hasn't moved for nearly 2 weeks. You start to think why and then fear the worst. The owner could be ill in hospital or even worse :( 

20 hours ago, Xela said:

I have a good view of the train station car park from my window. During normal times it is packed by 7:30am. The last couple of weeks its been interesting hows its reduced. Its generally about 7 or 8 cars now, which includes the people who work there. 

Sadly there has been one car that hasn't moved for nearly 2 weeks. You start to think why and then fear the worst. The owner could be ill in hospital or even worse :( 

Have you ever thought that it might be a surveillance car, staking out that weird bearded guy that’s always spying from his window? 

In all seriousness, let’s hope there’s a happy explanation and not something sad. 

• Haha 1

Â