Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't the issue with sugar that it's refined? Whereas I don't think soy is (commonly) subject to any similar processes (though I'm not an expert).

I’m no expert either to be honest. But it does feel all this meat substitution craze will end up going from one extreme or another. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, bickster said:

How? The bland (soz) carb thing hold the sauce, it's the sauce thats important

Ok. That’s the thing. Good pasta makes it not so. Good pasta elevates it so that both the pasta and the sauce do the thing. Result, ultra yum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Reminds me of an art lesson in school. The teacher was doing some sort of colour theory thing and said that black and white weren't colours but shades. I had to tell hm he was talking bollocks, I couldn't help myself.

I was always told that white was a combination of all colours, and black was an absence of colour. 

Although I think that was in reference to the visible spectrum of light, rather than pigmentation. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Not strictly on topic as I don't often wonder this but I just nipped out the back for a ciggieand the bloke that plays the bagpipes at the back of ours was out playing his whinge pipes... in this bloody wind! WHY?

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was always told that white was a combination of all colours, and black was an absence of colour. 

Although I think that was in reference to the visible spectrum of light, rather than pigmentation. 

I think that was probably my line at the time

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m no expert either to be honest. But it does feel all this meat substitution craze will end up going from one extreme or another. 

I don't imagine much will happen.

It will make it easier to eat junk food and be fat as a vegetarian or Vegan. But aside from that not much.

Any bad health from eating Soy would likely be more than offset by the benefits of not eating meat.

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Not strictly on topic as I don't often wonder this but I just nipped out the back for a ciggieand the bloke that plays the bagpipes at the back of ours was out playing his whinge pipes... in this bloody wind! WHY?

Maybe he just left them out in the wind.

Reminds me of Ambrose Bierce's definition of clari(o)net, in the Devil's Dictionary, for which bagpipes could easily be substituted:

Clarionet
n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet — two clarionets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pretty sure I had all of the above but mostly TDK D-90/180 and my favorite stuff I'd pay more for SA or SF or similar and get a screwdriver to knock the blank out at the top to stop me feckin brother tapping over em.

Massive pet hate was being so careful to write the song list on the cover and making mistakes and having to tippex it out, damn it, I hated that.

• Like 2

Â