Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, colhint said:

How does the US flag on the moon stay in place? It's been up there 50 years. Surely they didn't take concrete did they. I mean I have put fence posts up that have come down in a lot less time than that.

They watch it constantly, if it begins to droop they pop back in to the warehouse in Area 51 and prop it up again. Plus they’ve had good luck with the weather.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They watch it constantly, if it begins to droop they pop back in to the warehouse in Area 51 and prop it up again. Plus they’ve had good luck with the weather.

Ridiculous.

The little green men from the dark side of the moon do it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

But the Nazis occupy the dark side

The nazis identify as little green men now and wish to be identified with the pronoun 'ze'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 18/09/2019 at 21:55, limpid said:

Are you saying that you don't believe in the Easter bunny?

The human vision system is based on your brain processing the raw data through the filters of your cognitive biases and pattern matching. If you ever hear someone say "I know what I saw" then they're wrong. Your consciousness runs about 80ms behind real time to give the brain time to process the inputs. To catch a ball, your brain has to predict the future and organise your neurology and physiology to react in time. Anything you see from the "corner of your eye" is almost completely made up by your brain unless there is an auditory / olfactory component to enhance the "image". As you turn your head and better data is available your internal model is enhanced and after the fact you always saw that cat walking along the fence or there was always nothing on the fence. Sometimes you are aware of the post-processing and things feel "odd".

Hence optical illusions. Hence ghosts. Hence déjà vu. Hence "ice rink". All are processing errors or artefacts and ex post facto rationalisations. This is also why eye witness reports are poor primary evidence.

All vision is hallucination (but to a degree). Eyes aren't cameras.

Johnny 5's are. So there. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

What I would do if I saw a tiger in the street. Probably knock on someone's door if it's somewhere with homes, and ask if I can hide inside.

Yeah. Probably the best thing I will read this year. 

• Haha 1

Â