tonyh29

Things you often Wonder

Does everyone think they have one great novel in them? 🤔

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Hell yes. I have lots of tales and away from here I am a funny bastard. Genuine. I definitely think there is a novel in me. It would of course be great. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Imagine the new Absolute Beginners, crossed with some sleazy detective noir. Absolute modern classic setting the bar unfairly high.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I’ve often thought some of the lad trips I’ve done would make epic reading but I doubt it would translate outside of the moment  and some of the stuff I doubt people would believe ...

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Of course.   I have all the best words.   Well, maybe the second-best words...

I tried writing a novel, I didn't have an idea for a story, so I just started writing to see what would happen. But everytime I wrote a sentence down and read it back to myself it really made me cringe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember in class we had to write a letter from the perspective of a soldier at war writing back to his family at home. I remember handing it in and then thinking about it, and suddenly feeling really embarrased about the idea of teacher reading it, the reason I was embarrased was because the soldier died halfway through the letter, and another soldier finished it for him lol. Then next day in class, teacher for some reason really liked it and read it out in front of everybody.

• Like 2

On 30/08/2019 at 18:34, Xela said:

I’d struggle with a hardback but I reckon I could get a tightly rolled paper back up there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think it depends on if the novel is fiction or non-fiction.

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I’d struggle with a hardback but I reckon I could get a tightly rolled paper back up there.

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory?

• Haha 3

Why did Fiat think the best place for their test track was on top of the factory? (1920s)

BcgjAnfNLNnriLRlPcH6qdj7SOcre70qYyr6MUmj

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

How many people use the ignore function?

Who said that? Lolz...

I have a sneaky suspicion it has way more use in On Topic rather than Off. You know, because us OT lot are such interesting, splendid gents that it never gets a second thought 😉

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 3

Why do I fart about all day when I've got a report to submit tomorrow morning? I'm going to be up all night at this rate.

Been doing the same since school. One of these days I won't leave things to the last minute.

(I completely accept that I'm only making it worse by posting on VT instead of continuing to work on the report!).

• Like 3

As if to prove how easily distracted I am from my work, I'm also wondering who is spending £215 on a vase shaped like a thingy.

wBy0K6S.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, choffer said:

As if to prove how easily distracted I am from my work, I'm also wondering who is spending £215 on a vase shaped like a thingy.

wBy0K6S.png

That’s terrible, I got mine for half that price.

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Who said that? Lolz...

I have a sneaky suspicion it has way more use in On Topic rather than Off. You know, because us OT lot are such interesting, splendid gents that it never gets a second thought 😉

I have 24 users on my ignore list.  I was wondering the other day if that's a record, and yes they are all from On Topic.

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

How many people use the ignore function?

There is no one on Off Topic that I would use it for, what I like about this, is even though someone is clearly wrong and bat shit in a political thread, they may have something interesting to say in other threads. I like that about VT.

• Like 2

Â